Spare-time FlightGear developer since early 2006. Currently inactive due to old computer (bought 2008) and, to some extent, children and brain cancer (the last one is bad for a long life but doesn't impact my current time for FlightGear).
Some what current projects:
- Adding support for airships and balloons to FlightGear and JSBSim. http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/Airships/ Done and available in JSBSim/git and FlightGear 1.9.0 and later.
- Varios airships, balloons, aeroplanes and helicopters for FlightGear. Work in (various levels of) progress. See also http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/Hangar
- Colting SA-60 AeroSphere airship. (Not released)
- German type UB I submarine.
- MFI-9B light utility aircraft. (In FlightGear 2016.1.1 and later)
- Piasecki (Y)H-21 series / Vertol model 42-44 tandem helicopter JSBSim FDM. (Not released)
- RNAS North Sea class airship. (Not released)
- RNAS Submarine Scout Zero class airship. (In FlightGear 1.9.0 and later)
- SAAB 29 jet fighter. (Not released)
- SCA N1 airship. (Not released)
- Short S.23 Empire flying boat. (In FlightGear 2.4.0 and later)
- Swedish Navy T21 class motor torpedo boat.
- The Gokstad ship.
- U.S.S. Monitor.
- Zeppelin LZ 121 Nordstern airship. (In FlightGear 2.4.0 and later)
- Zeppelin LZ 129 Hindenburg airship. (Not up to date)
- Zeppelin NT airship. (In FlightGear 1.9.0 and later)
- ZF U.S. Navy free gas balloon. (In FlightGear 1.9.0 and later)
- ZNP-K U.S. Navy patrol airship.
- Dual control of aircraft over the multiplayer network. http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/DualControl/ Available in FlightGear 1.9.0 and later.
- Multiplayer shared aircraft carrier. http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/misc/Carrier_over_MP/ Available in FlightGear 2.0.0 and later.
- Multiplayer shared wild fire simulation. http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/misc/WildFire/ Available in FlightGear 2.0.0 and later.
- Tools for multiplayer shared state for scenery objects. Available in FlightGear 2.6.0 and later. See Nasal/scenery.nas
- Experiments with tools for celestial navigation. http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/Celestial_navigation_in_fgfs/ The RAF mk.9 bubble sextant is available in FlightGear 2.6.0 and later in the Aircraft/Instruments-3d/RAF_Mk9_bubble_sextant/ directory. (And for 2.4.0 in the Aircraft/Short_Empire/Instruments/BubbleSextant directory.)
- Experiments with dynamic random scenery objects. http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/OceanImprovement (Currently inactive.)
- Improving the network bandwidth usage efficiency of the FlightGear multiplayer server. http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/fgms/ (Stop-gap solution in current fgms. Further development inactive.)
- Experiments with head position tracking using a webcam. http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/HeadTracking/ (Was inactive due to too weak hardware and now due to lack of time.)
Progress on these projects is currently slow but I am working on them.