Piper PA-24 Comanche
|Type||Civil utility aircraft|
/ pa24-250-CIIB |
The Piper PA-24 Comanche is a four-seat, low-wing, all-metal, light aircraft of monocoque construction with retractable landing gear that was first flown in May 1956 according to a Piper Aircraft Company press release. Together with the Twin Comanche, it made up the core of the Piper Aircraft line-up until 1972, when the production lines for both aircraft were wiped out in a flood.
|f||fuel tank select|
|~||toggle nav lights|
|!||toggle master battery switch|
|@||toggle toggle master alternator switch|
|#||toggle fuel pump|
|$||toggle landing lights|
|%||toggle rotating beacon|
|^||toggle anti-collision lights|
|*||toggle pitot heat|
|(||turn on and/or decrease panel lights|
|9||increase and/or turn off panel lights|
|h||toggle carburator heat|
|ctrl-P||toggle primer pump|
|B||toggle parking brake|
- All switches and controls (except yoke and pedals) can be operated via "hot-spots".
- Type Ctrl-C to display mouse "hot-spots".
- fuel on most full main ("f" toggles selector on left side)
- all toggles OFF
- battery master switch to ON ("!" toggles battery master switch)
- alternator master switch to ON ("@" toggles battery master switch)
- electric fuel pump ON ("#" toggles fuel pump switch)
- operate primer pump three times then locked (ctrl-P cycles primer)
- "CLEAR PROP"
- key to start ("s" engages starter)
- pitot heat ON if IFR ("*" toggles pitot heat switch)
- beacon ("%"), nav lights ("~"), strobe lights ("^") ON as required
- landing light if night ("$" toggles landing light switch)
- release parking brake ("B" releases brake)
Takeoff check list on panel.
Landing check list on panel.