What's the matter with the upload wizard? I am aware of a 1 MB file limit (some issue with the latest version of MediaWiki in combination wwith the wizard), but your screenshots are smaller...
- I4dnf (talk) 12:15, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
Issues with the Failure Manager
Conversion: - clarify flipping of image and normals
I don't think that people will see your important hint between all those quotes. Maybe a post to the devel-list is more helpful.
- Obviously, feel free to post your comments to the devel list-but the consensus is to present all comments here and summarize them. If you're "getting lost" due to quotes here, you are invited to help clean up things, re-structure the article and move more relevant, and more recent, comments to the top of the article so that fellow contributors cannot miss them. In this particular instance it seems obvious that i4dnf did actually work through some of the comments made here and decided to add his comments "inline" - however, we have still 2 more months to go, so why don't you get involved to clean up the article and its quotes - quotes that have been sufficiently summarized can probably go away, too. --Hooray (talk) 14:21, 6 September 2014 (UTC)
- @Hooray No, I didn't spend time reading all the quotes, I just noticed that quote poping up in the recent changes rss. Why should we cleanup your mess when you don't even bother to do the minimal fact checking needed ??? (one more reason to add to that already very long list of reasons against this stupid quoting)
- I4dnf (talk) 14:43, 6 September 2014 (UTC)
- As has been said previously by others and myself, I do believe that you have a lot to bring to the table, but given your choice of language and attitude, I fail to see why I should keep responding to you. I think it's better for the sake of the project this way, we both know what this is going to end like.
- However, if you disagree with any of the quotes added you are obviously free to raise the issue on the devel list, preferably with the person who originally made the statements that you think need "fact checking" - given that those quotes were primarily comments from the single guy who's doing/done ~80% of all core development related to rendering stuff and who quite strongly made several points against compressed DDS usage in FlightGear, that should make for an interesting discussion hopefully (that is, if you manage to watch your tone...) - looking really forward to it! (aka "don't shoot the messenger"-just because someone didn't participate in the latest discussion, doesn't automatically invalidate previous comments made in exactly the same context - for the same reason I have quoted statements that you've made when it comes to effects/GLSL whenever you weren't around) --Hooray (talk) 16:57, 6 September 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for the help.
I must admit, that I'm wasn't aware of that the earlier shaders are now completely deprecated. I wonder if it would be not better to remove the old shaders from FGData if possible. On the other side especially the aircraft by helijah makes all use of this very first reflection shader. The whole features and usage of this shader aren't documented anywhere, beside inside the .eff-files. It needs a new tutorial to describe the features and how to make use of it. I'm thinking of adding a first structure for this tutorial, which can be completed step by step as I'm currently working on my bachelor thesis. So time is very limited, but I hope it will be better in a few weeks.