- FlightGear simulates aircraft from hang-gliders to jumbo jets
- Aircraft from 14 categories are included with the basic package
- Dozens of additional aircraft are available for download
- You can create your own aircraft design, or edit existing models
- FlightGear includes a current database of over 20,000 real airports
- Realistic runways and taxiways (and 3D buildings at some airports)
- Airport layouts and 3D models can be edited with free tools
- Scenery is available for the entire world
- Accurate land elevation data is provided by NASA
- New scenery can be downloaded automatically while you fly
- Cities like San Francisco and Paris include 3D buildings
- You can help create better world scenery with free software tools
Did you know...
- ...that FlightGear is used in several FAA approved simulators?
- ...that you can simulate random system failures realistically?
- ...that anyone can edit FlightGear source and contribute to the project?
- ...that the whole city of Barcelona, Spain is available in 3D models?
- ...that there are 3,474 articles on this wiki?