Antonov An-225 Space Shuttle transport
An-225 Mriya Space Shuttle Transport
|Type||Cargo aircraft, Strategic airlifter|
|Configuration||High wing aircraft|
|Propulsion||Jet aircraft, Six-engine aircraft|
|Work in progress|
This article or section will be worked on in the upcoming hours or days.
See for the latest developments.
The Antonov An-225 Mriya (NATO reporting name: Cossack) is a transport aircraft with six turbofan engines. It first flew in the 1980s and was developed from the smaller four-engined Antonov An-124.
The Antonov An-225 is the longest and heaviest airplane ever built. Is part of the FlightGear Space Program with assigned cargo missions for you around the Space Program Airport Network. See mission list
- Complete model. Outstanding gear animation with steering of 16 tail wheels
- ToDo: cargo and crew doors, interior for cargo room
- 3d cockpit is available
- Shuttle doors should be closed before take off, payload for Shuttle is set. ILS landing is now working for this aircraft. Navigation Lights are on the middle switch, instrument lights on the right one, both on the panel with the 3 switches. 7 steps of flaps, 4 steps of slats, 4 steps of spoilers, landing speed is about 150 kt.
The new version of the Antonov An-225 has now 2 models to transport, reverser, a complete navigation system and sounds.
- AN-225 Tank transport
- AN-225 SpaceShuttle transport
All variants are included in the main model. User can change the variant easily in runtime just by a switch in the cockpit panel.
|<||Toggle between pilot/engineer view|
|⇧ Shift + B||Set or unset the parking brake.|
|j||Retract the spoilers.|
|k||Extend the spoilers.|
|K||Toggle trajectory markers.|
|G||Raise the landing gear.|
|⇧ Shift + G||Lower the landing gear.|
|h||Hide or show the HUD.|
|U||Update drop view position.|
|F2||Activate and deactivate the reverser.|
|F11||Open autopilot dialog.|
|:Df||Open payload and fuel dialog. Case sensitive.|
The AN-225 is been developing and tested on several platforms, including GNU/Linux, Windows XP, Windows 7, and Mac OS X with FlightGear 3.2 3.4 and GIT.
- Lee Elliot
3m, D-Leon, Michatov, Ph-Cor
Technical systems assistance
Custom Propulsion integration
- FlightGear space program missions
- Space Shuttle (FG Space Program)
- Antonov An-22A
- Antonov An-12BK
- Shuttle Landing Facility