Talk:Property Tree Intro
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Can I make a suggestion.
Split up the pages and have a navigation bar at the top ie
- Where intro would remain largely as is.
- the Property Tree would have the server part moves to a different page
- The servers page is seperate
- What excactly would be the benefit of doing so? We do have indexes at the top of each article, which lists all (sub)headings within the article. I would vote for writing more content before thinking about seperate pages. Having three pages with tiny pieces of text doesn't make the wiki easier to read/understand... I hope you can explain your motivation a little further. Maybey we can agree on something ;)
- PS: Please sign your messages on talk pages with four tildes (~), so we can see your name/date!
- Regards, Gijs 03:57, 7 September 2009 (EDT)
- EDIT: I think I do understand you now. I've added a little template to the right side of the pages, pleset take a look and let me know if that is what you meant. However, I still think that the intro should be placed on the Property Tree page, as that's the first page everyone will see...
- Gijs 04:11, 7 September 2009 (EDT)
- Agreed, but it is just somewhat unfortunate that the current Property Tree article is mostly just a collection of various properties instead of really an introduction to the property tree (and the underlying concepts) itself. This was already a problem back when I put together the current intro, so please do feel free to re-arrange the corresponding contents, preferably there would be at least three different types of articles: 1) property tree introduction, 2) property usage scenarios/examples 3) most important properties (for programmers/contributors, as some sort of 'reference'). Also, it's probably worth mentioning that the current Intro article is certainly far from complete or comprehensive in the first place. --MILSTD 08:06, 8 September 2009 (EDT)
That is wicked.. exactly what one had in mind but better. Thanks Gijs ac001 04:32, 7 September 2009 (EDT)