FlightGear NL is the name under which scenery is being developed for the Netherlands.
Please feel free to help us, it is definitely appreciated! Our todo list:
- Model buildings.
- Collect data about buildings, airports, bridges etc.
- Place the models in the scenery.
- Enhance the scenery (by for instance adding rivers, roads, railways etc.) so we can place the buildings correctly, and to make VFR flights a pleasure.
- And last but not least: test-fly the new scenery!
If you're interested, please visit the discussion page.
We'd like to say thanks to these folks for helping us out so far:
- Erik gave us some models of yards.
- Georg placed a lot of the models in the scenery and helped to get this project started.
- Gijs modeled most of the buildings and came up with the idea to start this project.
- Jorg provided information and pictures for Volkel Air Base.
- Michel kindly provided us with awesome Schiphol models.
All scenery is available through the official ways.
Number of objects
The number of scenery objects in the FlightGear Scenery Database (both static and shared).
|Date||# objects||# windturbines|
|January 3, 2012||1606||156|
|January 4, 2012||1905||460|
|January 6, 2012||2203||757|
|Airport||City||ICAO||Ground network||Custom buildings||Signs||Airport (810)||Airport (850)|
|De Kooy||Den Helder||EHKD|
|Rotterdam City Heli (closed)||Rotterdam||EHRX|
|Ypenburg (closed)||The Hague||EHYB|
|VU University Medical Center||Amsterdam||EH01|
- Information on Dutch Buildings[dead link]