User talk:Chris blues
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hiding table of contents
According to the question about the index-table on FGo!: if you mean the table of contents? It can easily removed by adding "__NOTOC__" (2x"_") at the top of the article. Hope it helps, --LarsP 12:12, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
- Hi LarsP!
- Thx a lot! Chris blues 15:40, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
- Hi guys,
- At the time it wasn't neccesary to add the NOTOC command, as the wiki auto-hides TOCs for articles with less than four subheadings. Anyway, I've added the infobox, some wiki links and a related content "list" (so now the NOTOC command is neccesary to hide the TOC).
- Cheers and thanks for your additions to the wiki!
- Gijs 16:19, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
- Hi! That's the point. There's a time when no command is needed. But then the article expands (as a wiki article should naturally do) and then it's suddenly needesd. Who takes care of this? Therefore I prefer adding such a command right from the beginning... --LarsP 13:12, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
- Gijs is incorrect. When I added the NOTOC, I removed a section that was unneeded at the time (which I expected to be re-added as content was added). This resulted in 3 sections. Thus, if I had not edited the article, there would have been 4 sections, resulting in a table of contents. I find TOCs to be helpful on long articles, but on short ones, such as FGo, they take up space. TheFlightMonster 13:17, 19 October 2010 (UTC)