Talk:FlightGear Newsletter December 2013
Hello, I'm translating the newsletter and I have a doubt with the concepts "stub" and "skeleton" used in "Wizard-based Aircraft Creation" section, are these used as C++ concepts?. Thanks.
Mmmm, I think "Usability Improvements" subtitle must be deleted or this is not in the right place.
- you were correct about "Usability Improvements". I've removed that heading.
- I don't know about the concepts, best to ask Hooray, the author of that section. In general, "stub" refers to a (short) example/draft that needs to be further extended before it can be used. "Skeleton" probably refers to a simple (file/folder) structure, consisting of the essential parts to make an aircraft fly in FlightGear.
- Cheers, Gijs (talk) 13:47, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
- PS: Please sign messages on wiki talk pages with ~~~~
- Hi Wallkon, first of thank you -once again- for doing this, translating the newsletter is really appreciated, and we really need more contributors like you !
- Regarding the terms you mentioned, Gijs is actually right. A skeleton is basically a "template" that can be filled in and parameterized, a stub is a placeholder that waits to be adopted and extended by others. So this is not really about C++ or Nasal, these are just words to indicate that something only just got started and needs to be extended to be useful (stubs) or that something is just a generic template that is not specific to a particular use-case, i.e. needs to be customized. HTH & Thanks again for all your contributions here! --Hooray (talk) 16:42, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
Hello, could you tell me what is the meaning of cc: in the following sentence "Just cc: me if you do". I guess this is related to "carbon copy" used in e-mails, but I am not sure.
Small headline issue
May I humbly request that the level-2 headline
== Wizard-based Aircraft Creation ==
Is changed to a level-3 headline
=== Wizard-based Aircraft Creation ===
At least on mobile it currently seems like Wizard-based Aircraft Creation is a whole separate category, which doesn't reside under Development news at all and that the following level-3 headlines actually reside under Wizard-based Aircraft Creation not Development news as they really are.
Confusing on mobile.