Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Also see http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php/Talk:Main_Page#Translating_the_wiki_.2810.2F2009.29
- there needs to be priority list, preferably based on the wiki stats, so that people do not start translating irrelevant pages. End user documentation should be prioritized for the time being.
--MILSTD 18:12, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
- in my opinion people should translate whatever article they like. The most visited pages might be too difficult for a first-time translater without subject knowledge. You cannot translate an article correctly if you do not understand what is written. However, I do agree with you that, whenever possible, the most imporant/visited pages should be translated first. But if someone likes to translate an aircraft article I'm all open for that. It is always better than nothing and in the end we will have to translate those pages too.
- Please note that a better system is in the works (should be up this week), making it easier to translate new articles (no need for adding the language bar to each article) and it will allow us to translate titles as well. I will update the help article once the system is running and will include a note about what pages should be translated as soon as possible.
- Regards, Gijs 19:39, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
Ah bummer, I spotted it so I'll be the one to fix it. Shoot me.PH-JBO 10:17, 9 October 2011 (EDT)