Crash hauler delivering foam.
Crash hauler, drivers view.
|Type||Truck, Utility vehicle|
The crash hauler is a flatbed truck with a more than slightly hilarious FDM that allows it to do a few things not possible with a more reasonable vehicle.
Put the pedal to the metal over the top of the nearest mountain (but do not forget to deploy your chutes on the way down).
Start up procedure
The crash hauler literally starts up without tanks, which have to be added before the engines can get running.
- Open the property browser and traverse to /consumables/fuel/tank.
- Set one of the capacity properties to an arbitrary value.
- Set one of the level properties to the same value.
- Reset FlightGear.
|⇧ Shift+b||Toggle parking brake|
|⇧ Shift+r||Toggle reverse|
|f||Fire foam cannon. Uses the particle system, which must be enabled.|
|d||Deploy parachutes. Can be used as many times as needed.|
- After some harder crashes JSBSim will have some issues. Sometimes you will not be able to reset.
- At higher speeds you will have to be careful with the steering to avoid drifting or crashing.
- Sometimes you will have to be conservative with the throttle but generous with the brakes.
- Re: Ground Vehicle FDM? Forum topic, though not dedicated to only this vehicle.