Talk:FlightGear Newsletter March 2013
It didn't seem to contain any answers - in fact, it seemed to be a leftover from another month, maybe because not the template was used, but the previous newsletter ? Obviously, I only removed empty paragraphs - which I usually try to do at the end of the month. We've had enough "empty" interviews already. --Hooray 15:31, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
- This interview was added at the start of this month, because James wanted to claim this month's interview. He started with a short answer, to make clear that he's working on it. The rest of the interview will appear in the next days.
- Removing empty sections is great, but needs to be done at the very end, right before publishing. Else the whole newsletter template idea can be put in the trashbin.
- Cheers, Gijs 15:46, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, sorry then - that sounds great, but obviously I wasn't aware of it, and it wasn't really obvious/self-explanatory that this was the intention, otherwise I would not have touched it, I'm sure that there must have been some private discussion involved. In other words: Even just leaving a comment here would have been sufficient for others to be aware of it, without involving private discussions. Being the original initiator of the newsletter and the interview section, I'm definitely not opposed to contributions - I just need to be aware of them obviously. Maybe we need to refine the process a little.--Hooray 15:52, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
- Which has nothing to do with removing an entire interview template...
- Gijs 16:02, 28 March 2013 (UTC)
- That's getting kinda pointless now: I created the templates (newsletter AND interview) to provide a basic structure that people can use to fill in stuff, but it's not set in stone obviously - and at the end of the month, we usually remove empty sections. I have rarely seen interviews being started/added in the last couple of days. So please let's stop debating now, had I known that this will be filled in in-time, I would not have touched it obviously - it just didn't seem so. Let's not waste more of our time. Thank you!--Hooray 16:06, 28 March 2013 (UTC)