This is a directory of modeling resources that are freely available on the Internet (for example 3D models, textures, images, sounds and tutorials).
|This article is incomplete. Please help improve the article, or discuss the issue on the talk page.|
|Note While many web pages offer free downloads and use of files, it may be necessary and indeed is recommended to explicitly ask the individual copyright holders for their permission to include their work within FlightGear.
In order to become part of the FlightGear base package, it is necessary for the copyrighted work to be licensed under the GNU General Public License. However, resources that are explicitly and without doubt in the public domain can possibly be included without an explicit GPL statement, however this still needs to be discussed in-depth within the community on a case-specific basis, as this, unlike GPL licensing, is not the preferred way of contributing contents to FlightGear.
See also Aircraft Information Resources
- ( ) http://www.airwar.ru/indexe.html
- ( ) http://www.airwar.ru/index.html
- http://www.seawings.co.uk/reference.htm Diagrams and other data on seaplanes
- http://www.aircraftdesign.com/acpix.html Lots of 3-views on prototype and experimental
- http://www.aviastar.org/index.html Only helicopters
- http://richard.ferriere.free.fr/3vues/3vues.html High Resolution Prints
- http://www.primeportal.net/the_airstrip.htm Images
Free 3D models, textures etc
- http://www.cgtextures.com/ (not OpenSource compatible!)
Free aircraft sounds
- Detail and scale series by Alwyn T. Lloyd and Bery Kinzey