Howto:Add an EFIS to your aircraft
|This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by|
This article shall give an overview of how to add a canvas based EFIS to an airliner.
Introduction / recommended reading
Things you should probably have read about:
High level workflow overview
It is assumed that you have an existing aircraft and you wish to add a canvas/nasal based EFIS to it.
You will roughly have to perform the following steps:
- Create a 3D model for your display unit(s), e.g. in Blender.
- Add this display units as needed into your 3D cockpit (edit some model XML files)
- Create SVG images for the different EICAS pages (e.g. with inkscape)
- Include the Canvas EFIS Framework into your aircraft and configure it
- Add nasal code for animating the pages