Airbus A320 Family
The 3d cockpit of the A320-family
|Configuration||Low wing aircraft, Monoplane aircraft, Retractable gear aircraft, Tricycle landing gear aircraft|
|Propulsion||Twinjet (Jet aircraft, Twin-engine aircraft)|
The Airbus A320 Family is a series of narrow-body commercial passenger jets manufactured by Airbus Industries. Designed for short to medium hauls, the aircraft pioneer fly-by-wire technology and regularly compete with the Boeing 737 series. The series includes the Airbus A320.
- Flight Dyanmics: Josh Davidson (Octal450)
- Systems: Josh Davidson (Octal450), legoboyvdlp, merspieler, Matthew Maring (hayden2000)
- Displays: Josh Davidson (Octal450), legoboyvdlp, merspieler, Matthew Maring (hayden2000)
- 3D/Textures: Thorsten Herrmann (TH-555), Semir Gebran (CaptB)
Thank you to the following people for their contributions to this project!
- Necolatis: Help on the MFD System
- Various others: Liveries, Some Code, Some 3D Models, Some Textures
- A320-100-CFM: Airbus A320-100 with CFM56 5A1 engines
- A320-200-CFM: Airbus A320-200 with CFM56 5B4 engines
- A320-200-IAE: Airbus A320-200 with IAE V2527 A5 engines
- A320neo-CFM: Airbus A320-111 with CFM56 LEAP-1A engines
- A320neo-PW: Airbus A320neo with PW1127G geared turbofan engines
Using the selector knobs on the FCU
The flight control unit (FCU) is the panel on the glareshield that contains controls for the auto flight system, electronic flight information system (EFIS) screens and other systems. It contains various selector knobs that rotate. Some knobs can also be pushed or pulled in order to change modes or other settings.
(no modifier keys)
⇧ Shift key
* On many setups, the scroll wheel of a mouse can be used as a middle button by pressing directly down on the wheel.
Note: This section describes how to physically manipulate controls within the cockpit. Details about what the controls do, when they should be used, etc., are beyond the scope of this section.
Gallery Flightgear 2019+
- (February 2021 -) - Hints and tips on using the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus edition sidestick and throttle quadrant with FlightGear.