Bell Boeing V22 Osprey
Emmanuel Baranger(3D), Maik Justus(FDM)|
The V22 Osprey is not a plane, nor a helicopter: it is a tiltrotor aircraft, so it's both!
|| Start engines
|| Stop engines
|| Tilt rotors forward by 10 degrees
|| Tilt rotors afterward by 10 degrees
| Alt + M
|| Tilt rotors vertical
|| Unfold wing
|| Fold wing
The V22 with folded wings.
- The tilt range is -10deg .. 0deg (vertical) .. 90deg (horitzontal)
- The allowed tilt range is a function of the aircraft's speed.
- The flight computer limits the actual tilt to this range.
- Therefore you can lift of with vertical rotors and accelerate like a helicopter.
- The computer will increase the tilt with increasing airspeed.
- For faster acceleration set the tilt to the maximum.
- The Osprey can hover within a range of -10deg to 30deg.
- You can set the tilt to horizontal/90deg on ground. Due to the lack of speed the tilt is limited to 30deg max.