Here are some help pages that might be useful when editing the wiki. Most of them are technical, regarding the use of the MediaWiki software itself; for a smoother introduction check the first three.
- Help:Main navigation elements – Navigation elements available on every wiki page
- Help:Tracking changes – Various ways to follow changes to the wiki and its pages
- Help:Namespaces – The various types of pages on the wiki
- Help:Glossary – Wiki terminology
- Help:Discussion pages – What discussion pages are and how to use them
- Help:Your first article – Where else would you start from?
- Help:Categories – Explains how to use them
- Help:Upload – A small guideline to image uploading
- Help:Maintenance – An overview of the maintenance work you can do in FlightGear wiki, and how.
- Help:Formatting – A reference you'll keep open in a tab during your first edits.
- Help:Creating new categories
- Help:Tables – They deserve a separate page from the above one.
- Help:Preformatted text – Preformatted text and syntax highlighting.
- Help:Templates – These powerful tools can get complicated when you dig in.
- Help:Translate – Translation can be done by everyone!
- MediaWiki Help – Official help page from the MediaWiki project
Technical problems and requests
For requests or technical problems with the wiki/server, contact hellosimon at gmail com.