FlightGear wiki:Village pump
Welcome to the Village Pump. This page is used to discuss the technical issues, operations and guidelines of the FlightGear wiki.
Pleaseto the bottom of this page.
Old discussion should be moved to a FlightGear wiki:Village pump/Archive YEAR. These discussions can then be moved to a relevant talk page if appropriate.
Newsletter templates (June/2017)
Referring to Johan's comments at : Is there anything we can do to unify newsletters and changelogs without requiring major additions to the wiki in the form of plugins/addons ? Specifically, I was wondering if something along these lines would be worthwhile to discuss:
- Create a basic template-based structure to add standardized announcements/news
- These would be standardized based on category (core, aircraft, scenery, canvas, Nasal etc), inspired by recent changelogs/newsletters
- Move specific text to sub-templates, so that we can easily localize/translate those using a handful of templates
- support optional screenshots/youtube links
- support optional fields to be added/excluded in a given mode (newsletter vs. changelog)
In other words, we would review our published newsletters and changelogs and determine the common structure that could be re-implemented in the form of templates, and then come up with a handful of templates to add items in a standardized fashion, e.g. along these lines:
- new/updated/removed feature
- common text
- changelog specific text
- newsletter specific text
- link for additional information
Something like this could be easily implemented without much wiki magic, and it could be also easily translated at the template level
Thoughts / ideas ?