The Boeing 787 Dreamliner is a mid-sized, wide-body, twin engine jet airliner currently under development by Boeing Commercial Airplanes. It will carry between 210 and 330 passengers depending on variant and seating configuration. Boeing has stated that it will be more fuel-efficient than earlier Boeing airliners and will also be the first major airliner to use composite materials for most of its construction. Boeing's development of the 787 is also innovative in the collaborative management approach with suppliers.
This is for the version unfortunately not available on the official Download page , but is available through Git and the version provided in the link above (the link above is slightly newer).
- Switch on the battery on electrical panel.
- start APU on electrical panel and wait for its work mode (on EICAS will be message "APU running"), also click on the APU gen.
- on engine panel switch on Autostart button and switch on starters (click on knobs).
- wait for engines idle (on EICAS lights off messages L ENG FAILURE, R ENG FAILURE).
- Confirm engine generators are on, then on electrical panel switch off APU GEN and turn off APU.
If buttons do not work on startup, click on the HUD with the left button and move the view around. Then return to middle view. If the HUD activates, buttons work. In older versions, you may have to middle click on it to rotate it. Middle click or left click on it to move it back into place. (This should only be an issue on 1.9.1.)
- Approach speed is now 130 KIAS and 8% fuel.
- Service ceiling is around 43000 feet.
- Multiple geometry wing.
- Spoiler script using each wing separately.
- Modified reverse thrust script.
- Pushback added
- Gear smoke (from 777)
- Contrails added
- HUD now is activated only with by clicking on it instead of using FG HUD; it can also be flipped out of the way with middle click.
- HUDs for captain, cockpit operate independently.
- Added copilot view.
- Switches some buttons to pick animations. Some also operate with clicking with left mouse button and clicking on the wheel for coarse switch, and scroll wheel on the mouse for fine tuning.
- The main animation properties that don't normally go over MP now are transferred over MP, such as the engines, wing surface positions, and all lights except those for the cockpit (the cabin lights affect the outside, so they were included).
- Development version: OHP development. See forum thread for more details.
- Main gear fold animations now work perfectly.
- Autopilot has been updated to smooth out control surface transitions.
- Paintkit in separate link.
- Development version is not guaranteed to work, but will include some more developments than what is listed on this page, mainly cockpit stuff. Check the forum thread for more details.
- The forum thread.
- Redo cockpit to a real 787 type cockpit (see image linked to below)-see progress in development version.
- LIVERIES: Make more liveries for real 787-8 customers. A list of wanted liveries is included.
- Extend fuselage model and make a 787-9, with FDM as well.
- POSSIBLY: 787-3 and 787-10 models.
- Picture of cockpit.