Quite a number of FlightGear Videos can be viewed online. Some of them introduce you to various aspects of FlightGear: From the installation of aircraft to very advanced features:
- Download & install aircraft
- How to Download Additional Aircraft (Windows)
- Download & install scenery and airports
- Download & install liveries
Flying a plane
For more information, see the Pilot portal.
- IFR Cross Country Flight Tutorial Part 1
- IFR Cross Country Flight Tutorial Part 2
- IFR Cross Country Flight Tutorial Part 3
- IFR Cross Country Flight Tutorial Part 4
- How to make a soft landing
- How to brake after landing
- Boeing 777-200ER Landing
- Another Boeing 777-200ER Landing
- How to land // perform a visual landing
- Perform a crosswind landing
- ILS Landing!
- How to perform an ILS landing
Flying a helicopter
Also see the very informative and not-too-long Flying the helicopter manual.
- Starting up on Nimitz (Windows)
- How to take off from an aircraft carrier
- How to land on an aircraft carrier
- Get To The Hangar On Nimitz
With the multiplayer function of FlightGear you are able to see other pilots and vice-versa.
The Atlas program lets FlightGear users display a real-time "moving-map" of their flight. Atlas is an independent software project, distributed under the same free (GPL) software license as FlightGear.
- 787 Startup
- Boeing 777-200ER Autopilot basics
- Concorde Tutorial part 1
- Concorde Tutorial part 2
- CONCORDE in 2 minutes!
- Tu154B: Part One - "The Cockpit" vimeo youtube
- Tu154B: Part Two - "Starting the Engines" vimeo youtube
- Tu154B: Part Three - "Preparing for Flight" vimeo youtube