The Robinson R44 is a four-seat light helicopter produced by Robinson Helicopter Company since 1992. Based on the company's two-seat Robinson R22, the R44 features hydraulically assisted flight controls. It was first flown on 31 March 1990 and received FAA certification in December 1992, with the first delivery in February 1993.
The R44 has been the world's best-selling general aviation (GA) helicopter every year since 1999. It is the most-produced GA aircraft of the 21st century, with 5,805 deliveries from 2000–2017.
- A highly complete cockpit
- Glass effects and rain effect
- Several high quality liveries
- Removable doors
- Instrument lighting
- Exterior lighting
- Realistic fuel usage and tanks
- Pushback feature
- Floats and the ability to land on water
Specifications (R44 Raven II)
- Maximum speed: 130 kn (240 km/h; 150 mph)
- Cruise speed: 110 kn (200 km/h; 130 mph)
- Range: 300 nmi (560 km; 350 mi)
- Fuel consumption: 15 US gallons (57 l) of Avgas per hour Not given in Pilot's Handbook.
- Altitude restrictions: 14,000 ft (4,300 m) density altitude or 9,000 ft (2,700 m) above ground level in order to be able to reach ground within 5 minutes in case of fire.