|This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by|
This is meant to become a summarized list of all feature requests/suggestions related to the FlightGear Multiplayer system, it is largely based on Feature Requests / Proposals / Ideas (where all related items were deleted) and may not be up to date with the most recent developments in CVS, your help in updating and maintaining this list is appreciated!
Another collection of feature requests covering a complete redesign of the current multiplayer system can be found at Distributed Interactive Simulation.
- The fgfs multiplayer system currently seems to resend positional properties even during replay mode , so that the full replay is transmitted to the multiplayer server where it may cause unnecessary confusion - this should be fairly easy to fix by making the current behaviour optional via a corresponding runtime-configurable property.
- add support for pilot-controlled runway lighting (airport specific)
- It would be very useful if there was an option to fail certain types of ground equipment at runtime, for example navaids such as NDBs, VORs, ILS (LOC/GS) as well as things like runway/taxiway or approach (PAPI/VASI) lighting. That way it would for example become possible to have an instructor station fail certain things, or even implement interactive scenarios where ground based equipment will fail during a certain segment of the flight. Such an option would definitely add even more realism to FlightGear. Also, I think that this is a feature that only very few (if any) simulators model at all, even though the procedures to actually deal with such ground based failures are a crucial part of the training for any professional pilot's license
- multiplayer: maintain a serverside list of aircraft that may connect to the server, this could be useful to prevent certain types of aircraft (i.e. UFO, santa, ogel etc) from appearing in more serious settings, likewise we could disallow certain aircraft with unfinished fdm
- maintain FDM "plausibility" values for all legitimate aircraft, so that the server can determine if a specific aircraft is able to achieve a certain performance (i.e. climb/descent,airspeed). This could be based on 10-20 figures for each aircraft, so that the server can interpolate between different situations and determine if the provided data is still accurate or not. Eventually this would also allow server admins to run certain 3D models only with certain FDMs.
- extend the multiplayer subsystem to support the DIS protocol (as of 04/2009 this is work in progress )