Proposals:AI Traffic related
|This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by|
This is meant to become a summarized list of all feature requests/suggestions related to the FlightGear AI Traffic system, it is largely based on Feature Requests / Proposals / Ideas (where all related items were deleted) and may not be up to date with the most recent developments in CVS, your help in updating and maintaining this list is appreciated!
- improve AI traffic performance, it still seems to affect overall FlightGear performance according to various discussions 
- allow nasal scripts in AI object XM files, so that nasal code can move AI objects along predefined routes
- Factor out AI traffic code in order to make it work with the multiplayer client code: incorporate the AI traffic system with the multiplayer system so that the AI traffic system becomes a special multi-aircraft client and can thus sort of 'inject' AI aircraft/traffic instances into multiplayer servers. Next abstract out the current AI traffic system so that it can be run as a standalone executable, that way multiplayer servers could optionally also run their own dedicated AI traffic clients that can connect to a multiplayer server (authentication permitting) in order to inject AI traffic (multiple AI aircraft instances) into a multiplayer server. Eventually, this would address issues concerning the discrepancy between multiplayer clients running with enabled AI traffic scenarios that are currently not yet synchronized. Ultimately, this would add the possibility to have server-side (AI traffic) scenarios for all connected multiplayer clients. Export all AI/multiplayer traffic nodes to local property tree, using a configurable range (related mailing list discussion from nov/2007). Also see this discussion on the fgms tracker at sourceforge.
- merge AI and ATC code so that both work properly with each other
- Add command line option to enable/disable individual AI scenarios, so that there is no manual editing of XML files involved for users, preferably this should also become a runtime configurable setting, though
- Provide multiplayer/AI traffic with sound capabilities