Ground Traffic Simulation Resources
|This article is a stub. You can help the wiki by|
Recently, there's an increasing interest within the FlightGear community to also start modeling ground traffic more accurately, such as cars    , trucks  , trains  and even boats and ships   (also see FlightGear Newsletter November 2009).
Populating the FlightGear scene with this sort of traffic will not only make flights more interesting but is also likely to help improve the realism of both, VFR and IFR flights where traffic routes may serve as important landmarks.
This page is meant to provide a place to collect resources that may be helpful to improve FlightGear's support for simulating such traffic more properly.
Virtual City Modeling
- citybuilder - programmatic creation of 3D cities
- "Urban is a software capable of procedurally creating 3d urban environments. It's based on a multi-agent system where each agent is responsible for one type of urban object. This means the system is highly modular and can easily be extended"
Road Traffic Simulation
- SUMO - Simulation of Urban MObility An open source traffic simulation package (also see )
- Article:Using the Road Traffic Simulation “SUMO” for educational Purposes
- Trafix - An open source C++ Simulator for modeling Road Traffic
- Microsimulation of road traffic
- Traffic Simulation
- Vamos Automotive Simulator 
- Simutrans is a freeware and open-source transportation simulation game
- Bridge Command - Open source ship simulator - Bridge Command is a free interactive ship simulator programme. Its aim is to be a training tool for navigation, ship handling, and other seamanship skills. Bridge Command released under the General Public Licence v2, and is available for commercial and non-commercial use.