|Type||Airliner, Business aircraft, Cargo aircraft, Civil aircraft, Military transport aircraft, Military utility aircraft, Special-purpose aircraft, STOL aircraft, Transport aircraft|
|Configuration||High wing aircraft, Monoplane aircraft, Fixed gear aircraft, Tricycle landing gear aircraft|
|Propulsion||Twin-engine piston aircraft (Piston aircraft, Twin-engine aircraft)|
|Author(s)||Bea Wolf (D-ECHO)|
The Britten-Norman BN-2 is a British-built twin-engine piston aircraft mainly used for passenger transport, cargo and special operations.
The model currently existing for FlightGear is the BN-2A-26, which is a variant of the original model featuring amongst others Lycoming O-540-E4C5 engines and an increased takeoff weight.
The aircraft is still in development for FlightGear. The following list provides a quick overview of the current development status (07/2022):
- 3D Model
- Exterior: Basics modelled, textured, livery system available. Details such as control surface links not done yet.
- Interior: Basics modelled, two interior variants available (PAX/Medical), Basic texturing
- Cockpit: Important instruments, switches and control elements modelled
- FDM: Roughly matching the published data, but a lot more work to do
- Sounds: Basic sounds (engine, tires, ...) done, switch sounds and special sounds to be done