Hurricane on the runway
Hawker Hurricane cockpit
|Type||Fighter aircraft, Historical aircraft|
|Configuration||Low wing aircraft|
|Propulsion||Propeller aircraft, Single-engine aircraft|
The Hawker Hurricane is a British single-seat fighter aircraft that was designed and predominantly built by Hawker Aircraft Ltd. for the Royal Air Force (RAF). Although largely overshadowed by the Supermarine Spitfire, the aircraft became renowned during the Battle of Britain, accounting for 60% of the RAF's air victories in the battle, and served in all the major theatres of the Second World War.
- Switch on both magnetos by pressing ⇧ Shift+[ and ⇧ Shift+].
- Increase throttle to one-third by pressing Page up about 33 times.
- Pump the primer 5 or 6 times.
- Press and hold ignition (s) until the engine starts.
- Release parking brake
- Apply full throttle
- Keep control as you gain speed
- Joystick and rudder pedals control: When the tail lifts, stabilize the plane's yaw with the rudder pedals.
- Keyboard control: Keep the tail on the ground. Otherwise, you may lose control.
- Pull back on the stick
- Be mindful of the aircraft swinging/rolling on takeoff