|This article may require cleanup to meet the wiki's quality standards. Please|
- For other content than aircraft and liveries, see Links
FlightGear has aircraft and other content available from 3rd-party hangars, some which are GPL compatible and also included in official distributions while others are independent. Aircraft versions range from requiring a developmental build, to being compatible with the latest primary release, to requiring an older version.
Be careful with external links!
It is completely up to the original content author to decide how they wish to license their original work. GPL is just one option. Many people seem to prefer one of the variants of the creative commons license these days. If you are modifying someone else's original work, or incorporating portions of their work into your own work, then you must be respectful of the original author's license terms. If you wish to protect your work from being copied or modified (yet somehow still distribute it to users), FlightGear does not have the infrastructure built up to assist with that. Fgaddon is simply a resource offered to aircraft designers. It is a common area to share and collaborate for aircraft development. Historically it has also been the source of FlightGear aircraft that are included in the official distribution. Because fgaddon is closely tied to the main project, we do our best to ensure everything there is licensed with a gpl compatible license so we can safely distribute all those aircraft. We also do our best to ensure that fgaddon aircraft track upstream code changes in the flightgear program so that incompatibilities are not introduced. As others have said, the intention of FlightGear and our evolving infrastructure is to support and encourage 3rd party hangars, and we have no problem if developers want to use other resources to manage and distribute their original aircraft. It is especially important to maintain separation of content with gpl-incompatible licensing.
We have support for catalogs and external hangars for precisely this reason. We obviously want to encourage GPL aircraft, but not every aircraft developer wishes, or is able to, release their work under the GPL. FlightGear both respects and supports that option. 
please do ask about setting up your own hangar with whatever license you like. One of the major goals is to give a better end-user experience for different sources of aircraft.
The official aircraft hangar is known as FGAddon. For each FlightGear release, these aircraft are tagged and official downloads provided:
- FlightGear Official 3.6 Hangar[dead link] (release cancelled)
- FlightGear Official 3.4 Hangar
- FlightGear Official 3.2 Hangar
- FlightGear Official 3.0 Hangar
- FlightGear Official 2.12 Hangar
- FlightGear Official 2.10 Hangar
- FlightGear Official 2.8 Hangar
- FlightGear Official 2.6 Hangar
- FlightGear Official 2.4 Hangar (Legacy site)
- FlightGear Official 2.0 Hangar (Legacy site)
The FGAddon version controlled repository contains in-development aircraft as well as aircraft tagged for FlightGear 3.4 and higher stable releases.
- FGAddon Hangar The Subversion version controlled repository for the official FlightGear aircraft on the SourceForge infrastructure, see FGAddon for details.
- Old fgdata Hangar The Gitorious archive of the official aircraft, migrated to the Internet Archive for archival and history preservation purposes. Aircraft were migrated to FGAddon in September 2014. For further details see the September 2014 newsletter announcement and the announcement topic on the forum
Third party sites
- ACJZA Hangar (Land, Sea, Air)
- Anders Lighter-than-air Hangar with these and additional aircraft repositories at GitHub.
- Andino's Hangar (A340-600HGW, MD80's, Boeing 707-3J9C and 707-320C).
- AUCAFLY. Flightgear Wiki (Air, Land)
- Buckaroo's Hangar (Velocity XL RG, Edgley Optica, Lockheed 1049H Constellation, Grumman Goose, McDonnell Douglas MD-81) (& a YASim intro)
- Dave's Hangar
- FGMEMBERS GitHub-based fork of FGAddon (for Git Distribution and development of FG aircraft | with forum | Aircraft repositories individually)
- FGUK hangar
- French FlightGear Hangar (FR) (Aermacchi MB326, Dassault Mirage F1 Mikoyan Gurevitch Mig 31 Foxhound, and more)Hangar
- HCI Lab - University of Udine (Aermacchi MB339 Frecce Tricolori)
- Helijah FlightGear Hangar (275+ original aircraft, the majority of which are maintained in FGAddon)
- Hellcat's FlightGear Hangar (scenarios, skins, film inspired aerospace vehicles)
- Hoerbird Hangar (misc. projects)
- Horacio's Hangar (Spanish)
- Horizon Flightgear Hangar Dabolim Naval Air Station (VAGO), Goa, India; Murray Bridge/Pallama Airfield (YMBD), Australia; and ADFX-02 Morgan, a fictional aircraft.
- HSOTF Official Hangar
- it0uchpods Hanger (MD-11, MD-88, MD-90, A340-600VIP, A340-600HGW, A340-313X, KC-137R)
- JOFH - Just Another Flightgear Hangar (JA-37, scenario)
- Lake of Constance Hangar Quality Signature Series Aircrafts by Marc Kraus from Friedrichshafen home of The Dornier Museum.
- longfly's hangar
- Nick's FlightGear Hangar (Blog, CRJ-200)
- Omega Hangar (Embraer E-jet Family, A330-200, A320neo, CRJ-700 Full First Class, ATR-42-family, A321-series, Mobile Stairway)
- PAF team Hangar (Cap 10b, Robin DR400 JSBSim, Douglas DC-3 C47, Tecnam P92 Echo...)
- FG Patten's hangar (Alouette-2, DHC6-300, Robin DR400 JSBsim, Tecnam P92 Echo, CAP 10 C, CAP 10 B, Douglas DC3 C47-JSBsim, Sceneries, Ground textures...)
- FG Pipistrel Hangar Developing Pipistrel Aircraft
- pjedvaj's Hangar (PC-9M, PC-21, MiG-21bis, T-50, Harrier GR.1, F-35B, RAH-66, Su-25, Yak-130)
- Prestes Hangar (many Brazilian aircraft articles)
- Riktov's FlightGear Hangar (BN-2 Islander, Giant Marshmallow Man)
- Scighera's Hangar (models & liveries)
- Stewart's SEA-horse Aircraft Hanger
- Syd's Google Hangar (newer 2.0 versions)
- Tat's Aircraft for FlightGear (A6M2 "Zero", J7W, Ki-84, T-4, HondaJet, OH-1, K5Y1, RV-6A, YS-11)
- VicMar (Yanagisawa Gen H-4, Stung Biker, Quad Bikes, SRN4, Water Skier, G2 Thunderpack, Martin Jetpack)
- Yourgod's Hangar: Douglas DC-8
A-10 and A-6 stuff
- Airbus Aircraft Development Git (A320, A330, A340-300, A380 - various authors, see the projects under
DFaber Hangar[dead link] (Eurofighter, PC-6, Bf 109, Beufighter, F4U, Ju 52, DH Mosquito, G. Albatross, F-86, and more)
the fancy flight gear hangar[dead link] (a few well made aircraft)
Flier95's Hangar[dead link] (Blog format)
- GRTux Hangar (28+ aircraft and add-ons; you need to mail to GRTux for download) (last updated 2011)
Kent Esbenshade's Boneyard Hangar[dead link] (Classic aircraft)
- UIUC Hangar (for FGFS 0.7.8, last update 2002)
AA Liveries[dead link] Another livery site
- Dodger4's Livery Hangar
- HSOTF Official Hangar
- JcHnd's Liveries for FlightGear
- Lukas' hangar (Scenery projects, Liveries)
- MOJO's Flightgear Livery Hangar
N-SCOT's Hangar[dead link] (5+ liveries & mods)
The Planepainter[dead link] (Liveries, Scenery)
- Simbabeat's Livery Hangar
- Victor Hangar (in Portuguese - Brazilian)