|Location||South of EHGG, Eelde, The Netherlands|
|Age||I'm stuck at 24|
|Interest(s)||Second Life, PC stuff, Ponds, Friends|
|Favourite aircraft||Learjet 35-A|
|Website||try and dig me and you'll find|
Ex-usenet addict. Ex-MSFS (98) addict, ex-Aviator addict and ex-Elite addict. Never have been in a real cockpit seat with my hands on the yokes.
A bit busy lately PH-JBO 11:39, 8 May 2012 (EDT)
FG is for geeks. That has been proven to me a few times now. Lucky I'm a bit offa geek else I'd buy me MSFS.
- prove me wrong
Around the world
Small legs since I am in the cockpit and not using FMS. I only add when I didn't crash. Flying with live weather. Started in the Learjet 35-A, now flying the same, but very different.
EHGG (home)=> LFLP=> LIMC=> LFKJ=> LMML=> LXGB (Gibraltar, wow what a landing)=> GMMX=> LPMA (Madaira, two vacations there, RW in FG is harder as in real, and I came from the wrong side)=> LPLA (Azores, wow)=> LPPD=> LPAZ=> LPGR=> LPHR=> LPFL=>
- North America
CYYT (Canada, Newfoundland)=> CYJT=> CYVO=> KCMX (United States)=> KATY (visiting the boonies...)=> KDIK=> CYEG (back in Canada)=> CYXS (scenery error, windbags on RW)=> PAKT (wow)=> PAJN (wow2)=> PYAK=> PANC (Anchorage, scenery error, great wall of green)=> PACD (crab fishing, strong winds making me land on RW 23 and I had RW left over)=>PADK (cold here)=> PASY=>
- East Russia, Asia
UHPP (crossing date and 180 meridian and in Russia)=> UHSS=> UHWW (Vladivostok, scenery error windbags on RW)=> RJCC (Japan, detour over Lake Toya and Mount Yotei)=> RJEC (after some sight sightseeing)=>RJTT (Tokyo, Mount Fuji)=> RODN=> RCTP (Taiwan)=> VHXX RW13 (Hong Kong, closed...but not for me)(oh. Look at GE, it's gone!)=> ZHHH=> ZBAA (Beijing)(tried to find the great wall of China N and NE but not no find, in Beijing a building I could fly through)=> ZBHH=> ZLLL=> VNTR (after detour over Mount Everest, most scary landing ever, ascend from N)=>(VYDW>VTSN>VTSC FG froze each time, restarted at RW before freeze)=> WSSS (Singapore, not worth a visit)=> WIAR (Indonesia, Southern Hemisphere)=>
YDBY (No radio beacons for an hour, no worries Ozzie)=> YAYE (NDB's and hard wind. Flew around Ayers Rock)=> YBAS (no flying doctors, landing on RW 35 due to strong wind)=>
WMKK (My longest flight, meeting CNA0023)=> VC12 (after a-lot-of water)=> VCCK (after tour-South looks nice, scenery error on RW, antenna and red/white box)=> FJDG (wow)=> FSSC=> FSIA=> FSPP (in Seneca) => FSFA=> FM43=> FMCM (wow)=>
HTKJ=> HKJK (after tour around Kilimanjaro and Mt.Meru)=> HTDO (fog, second approach worked)=> FLLI=> FVFA (Canyons but no Victoria falls, bummer)=> FKKC=> FGSL (Tour Mt.Cameroon and Isle Macias Nguema, Amazing)=> DISP=> FHAW (4h trip, no cheating)=>
- South America
SBRF (Brasil! ILS of RW is broken))=> SBAN=> SLSU=> SCKP (crossing Salar de Uyuni)=> SPRF (Yay! Found it!)=> SPQU=> SPHO (after many crashes near SPZO) (There is an amazing valley but no Machu Picchu)=> SPZA (could not find Lines of Nasca)=> many, many FG lock-ups making me to cheat and drop my plane over the great wall of crash)=> SEMH=> SEST=> SEGS (After tour over Galápagos isles)(Oh look, there is mast in the middle of the RW)=> MPTO (start of Panama canal)=> MPCF (Pacific to Atlantic)(RW misplaced)=> SKBQ=>
TNCA (Nederland)=> TNCC=> TNCB=> SVLO=> TGPY=> TVSU=> TVSC=> TVSV=> TBPB=> TFFF=> TDCF=> TFFS=> TNCE=> TNCS (after 7 tries)=> TNCM (wow)(koeien hebben staarten)=>
- North America
MMMD=> MZBZ (Blue hole could not be found)=> MMTM=> MMTC=> KCGZ=> KSFO (FightGear Home, no ATC available, on depart it was taken over by Italians:)=> 61B (after tour over Las Vegas, nice) => KGCN (Hoover Dam not in scenery, Grand Canyon is white?) => KINW (there is a white Arizona/ Barringer Crater)(went back after FG fix, now the crater is green. Looks better) => 71V=> 0V7 (Amazing valley)=> KXTA (giant runway, parking inside the mountain, no UFO's..yet)=> NV11 (after IFR over NTS, some minor bumps visible)=> KAHC=> KLMT=> 3S6 (wow!)(The landing was extremely dangerous, searching and circling between mountains and zero visibility)=> CYRL=> CYMO=> CYZV=> (Tour over Manicouagan) CYWK=> CYCY => (compass hell) CYLT (snowstorm, VFR landing with one NDB to help, oh and this time of year it's always night)=> ( North Pole, absolute nav hell, glad there is a GPS on-board)
ENSB (there is something wrong with parking but I can't see it)
- Next: Back home?
What have I learned during my trips so far?
- If there is just one ILS there probably is a reason.
- A 4 is not a 2 (and other silly mistakes, like E is not D, 3 is not 2 etc etc).
- Press Swap.
- 4 hours with a VOR in my back drops me just a few NM off course. Yay :)
- Metar on MPmap is not the same as weather on the runway. The source is different.
- South West China is white and very white.
- Don't ever trust a VORTAC
- I so hate sidewinds since I fly with a mouse.
- If hill before RW then turn around.
- Check mousepointer after rightclick, before yanking the mouse.
- Retract gear, must..retract..gear..
Working on (with Syd)
- Redesigning the cockpit (incl.Intruments)
- Panel placeholder ready. All textures based on a real cockpit
- Working on buttons, lower panel. Total hell to figure out what each button does since I could not find any literature on this so I stare at vague images and read checklists hoping to find the "missing button".
- Side panels ready, Placeholder ready, lower panels (with some fake instruments) ready.
- Writing functional design to identify hotspots.
- New Mesh
- Oh wow! Syd uploaded the Mesh and merged it with my files. This looks sooo good. There is soo much to do but we have done some huge leaps. Xsaint is giving full support. Must delete my to-do list and make a complete new one. Where am I, Where do I stand? Where is Syd, where does he stand? How to move on? I'm loving this :)
- Texture for 3 types of VSI.
- Texture for AP, annunciators and reversers
- Texture for primary engine indicators.
Two great idea's for suggested flights for future newsletters.
- Article requests
- Add Lear to Aircraft, include Business jets.
- Radio navigation
- Not with the intention to program or compile FG, since that's out of my league, but to share aircraft model and files 'n stuff. I tried to figure out what Git is, and the opening page gave me no idea what it is. Now that's odd. Most websites try to make clear what it's intended for and how it works. I suspect it's similar to FTP combined with a synchroniz(s)er. Something like push/ pull with a directory on my HD. However, I can not be sure about this since that website doesn't tell me anything, except that it will try to make my Windows machine act like a Lux CLI or sumting. We'll see if there will be a hostile take-over. Made account. Downloaded mysysgit. Downloaded ms-synctoy. Made me some containers and will now start praying....
- Feels like a windows 3.1 shell around a file synchronizer. It is as alien as I expected it to be, but it also appears to have the functionality I expected it to have. Nice thing, it's free storage that can be shared with an identifiable group. Since it's so extremely user friendly with predictable workings I won't touch the FG containers and I won't automate anything.
- New aircraft description Learjet 35-A
- Overhaul of Cessna Citation Bravo panel
- Overhaul of Primary flight display
- Suggested flight for FlightGear Newsletter August 2011, Azores
- Tweaking the Learjet 35-A flying characteristics to reality
- Suggested flight for FlightGear Newsletter September 2011, Gibraltar
- Tokyo airport I stumbled over as Airport of The Month
- Radio beacons explained
- Radio navigation explained
- Definition for glideslope, glidepath and glidescope
- Flight rules - VFR - IFR etc.
- Made my own livery for the Learjet 35-A. Looks cool
- Overhaul of Aircraft speed
- Translation requests reworked
- Help:Translate reworked
- Translated Nl/Hoofdpagina
- Updated aircraft Learjet 35-A, updated the wiki description
- Translated Template:Did you know
- Update and move of Suggested Flights
- Ketchikan to Juneau as suggested flight
- Ngorngoro as suggested flight
- Origin of the Amazon River as suggested flight
- Copacabana to San Rafael over Lake Titicaca as suggested flight.
- Complete rework of the Learjet 35-A, published as Early production 20111111p (a day too soon... but I could not wait)
- Major update on the wiki of Learjet 35-A reflecting the changes I made
- Compiled Unique Features
- Innsbruck as Airport of the month, made me a nice x-mas tree. TY Gijs.
- Published Learjet 35-A version 20111222, Major update of it's wiki page.
- Searching Wizard Island as suggested flight.
- Published Learjet 35-A version 20120130.
- EDDI as Airport of the month January.
- Kisimayu to Kilimanjaro as suggested flight.
- LFRJ as Airport of the month February. Oh golly, there is an aircraft with those thingies on the wings. Is it new? (noooo, but it's still in the secret hangar, still banging on the metal)