|Latest release||1.2.19 (stable)|
|OS||Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS|
|Platform||PC, Mac, smartphones|
|Type||Voice chat software|
Mumble is a free, open source VoIP software used by some ATCs and pilots on the multiplayer network.
Installation and configuration
- Download Mumble from its official website (choose the links from the Stable Release column). If you're on Linux, you can usually install it using your package manager.
- Start it and follow the instructions on your screen to configure the program.
|Tip We suggest to choose the Push-To-Talk mode in the Voice Activity Detection step; if you choose another mode, make sure to calibrate the volume levels correctly (follow the on-screen instructions carefully). This way, your voice will be transmitted only when you mean to, and there will be less background noise on the channel.|
- Click on Server→Connect.
- If this is the first time you connect to the FlightGear Mumble server, click on
Label FlightGear ATC (or another descriptive name of your choice) Address itpns.ddns.net Port 64738 (the default value) Username A username (callsign) of your choice
at the bottom of the window and input the following parameters, then click :
- Select FlightGear ATC from the server list and click .
When you are connected, Mumble will show a hierarchical list of channels on the right side of the main window.
- To enter an existing channel, right click on it and choose Join Channel.
- To create a new channel (e.g. if you're acting as a controller), right click on the FlightGear channel and choose Add. Input a name and (optionally) a description, then click .
|Note The new channel is temporary and will be deleted when the last person in it exits the channel.|
- To mute yourself, click the button in the main toolbar.
OpenRadar flickering when using Mumble
If you're using Mumble and OpenRadar at the same time, you might notice that the OpenRadar screen flickers. A solution is disabling the Mumble overlay (in Mumble, click on Configure→Settings, open the Overlay section, deselect Enable Overlay and click ).