|← Previous changelog||Next changelog →|
Please help us translate in other languages!
The FlightGear development team is delighted to announce the v2019.1 release of FlightGear, the free, open-source flight simulator. This new version contains many exciting new features, enhancements and bugfixes.
Founded in 1997, FlightGear is developed by a worldwide group of volunteers, brought together by a shared ambition to create the most realistic flight simulator possible that is free to use, modify and distribute. FlightGear is used all over the world by desktop flight simulator enthusiasts, for research in universities and for interactive exhibits in museums.
FlightGear features more than 400 aircraft, a worldwide scenery database, a multiplayer environment, detailed sky modeling, a flexible and open aircraft modeling system, varied networking options, multiple display support, a powerful scripting language, and an open architecture. Best of all, being open-source, the simulator is owned by the community and everyone is encouraged to contribute.
FlightGear - Fly Free!
- METAR interpretation: Change CAVOK visibility to 9999.0 metres
- Added the ability to set up the starter and acceleration times of a turbine (parameters <n1spinup>, <n2spinup>, <n1startrate>, <n2startrate>).
- The <integrator> filter can now be reset to 0.0 by setting its <trigger> property to a negative value.
- The integration scheme of the <integrator> filter can now be chosen among "rect" (Euler), "trap" (Trapezoidal), "ab2" 2nd order Adams-BashForth and "ab3" 3rd order Adams-Bashforth
- The following functions can now be used in <function>: floor, ceil and fmod. Their functionalities are the same than the corresponding C/C++ functions.
- <function> now checks the number of its arguments.
- Support for DDS Texture Cache
- fgcommands "add-aiobject" and "remove-aiobject" for adding/removing objects to the AI subsystem.