|← Previous changelog||Next changelog →|
Please help us translate in other languages!
The FlightGear development team is delighted to announce the v2019.1 release of FlightGear, the free, open-source flight simulator. This new version contains many exciting new features, enhancements and bugfixes.
Founded in 1997, FlightGear is developed by a worldwide group of volunteers, brought together by a shared ambition to create the most realistic flight simulator possible that is free to use, modify and distribute. FlightGear is used all over the world by desktop flight simulator enthusiasts, for research in universities and for interactive exhibits in museums.
FlightGear features more than 400 aircraft, a worldwide scenery database, a multiplayer environment, detailed sky modeling, a flexible and open aircraft modeling system, varied networking options, multiple display support, a powerful scripting language, and an open architecture. Best of all, being open-source, the simulator is owned by the community and everyone is encouraged to contribute.
FlightGear - Fly Free!
- METAR interpretation: Change CAVOK visibility to 9999.0 metres
- Fix for getting live weather
- Added the ability to set up the starter and acceleration times of a turbine (parameters <n1spinup>, <n2spinup>, <n1startrate>, <n2startrate>).
- The <integrator> filter can now be reset to 0.0 by setting its <trigger> property to a negative value.
- The integration scheme of the <integrator> filter can now be chosen among "rect" (Euler), "trap" (Trapezoidal), "ab2" 2nd order Adams-BashForth and "ab3" 3rd order Adams-Bashforth
- The following functions can now be used in <function>: floor, ceil and fmod. Their functionalities are the same than the corresponding C/C++ functions.
- <function> now checks the number of its arguments.
- New system component linear_actuator
- Bug fix of Euler angles computations in FGMatrix33
- Export the fuel density to the property tree
- Added cyclic clipping for FCS components
- Fixed a regression which prevented the wheels rotation speed to slow down while the gears were retracted
- Added the ability to control the turbine engines spin down factor
- Yasim ground friction (stiction) changes
- Support for DDS Texture Cache
- LOD: The scenery ranges for bare and rough are now deltas, to avoid overlapping values by user error.
- Make star cutoff controllable at runtime
- fgcommands "add-aiobject" and "remove-aiobject" for adding/removing objects to the AI subsystem.
- Change screenshot filename to have date time
- Map dialog draws heliports now