From FlightGear wiki
|Type||Airliner, Regional airliner|
|Configuration||Low wing aircraft|
|Propulsion||Twinjet (Jet aircraft, Twin-engine aircraft)|
|Status||Front Page Release|
The Bombardier CRJ-200 is a regional jet seating 50 passengers, currently manufactured by Bombardier. Over 1000 have been built.
Note the above ratings are for the main version, and not the development version-they are very different.
- Moved engines to correct locations
- Changed fuselage shape to better match real size
- Changed approach and cruise parameters
- Added the adjustable weight controllers
- Stalls are pretty realistic.
- Cruise and service ceiling now work properly.
- New wing design using two different sections, speedbrake code now uses each separately.
- Elevators have more realistic authority, don't spazz out.
- Approach drag has been reduced.
- Gear compressions are better.
- Pushback thruster is now less powerful (in a good way)
- Ailerons also slightly weakened.
- Gear smoke added
- Contrails added, toggle for them as well
- Animated jetway #1 implemented.
- Wheels subsurfed (to smooth them out) and animated to spin
- Interior model separated from main model
- New liveries. All except for US Airways Express by JcHnd, US Airways Express by Nick based on US Airways Express for CRJ-900, United Express "Battleship" also by Nick, completely from scratch
- Glass shader for windshield and light covers.
- Light textures modified.
- Landing, taxi lights scaled down.
- Main gear compressions fixed.
- Blinking lights (strobe and beacon) now offset.
- Main animation properties brought over MP.
- Glideslope autopilot much less spazzy.
- Autobrakes added, Tab to cycle setting, Shift-tab to reset to 0. 6 total settings, 0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1 and RTO. 0.6 disengage problem now fixed.
- PFD VSI gauge modified slightly.
- Used backup altitude indicator from 787, which has a working pressure setting knob.
- Paintkit with lights and instructions now available.
- Got rid of extra junk and converted rgbs to pngs for 5,000 kb in zipfile form eliminated.
- Get ready for main page release.
- Finish cockpit
- More liveries (see wishlist in Liveries folder, Air Nostrum already in progress)
- The far future: CRJ-700.