Scenery Project Elba
The Elba scenery project aims to improve the island scenery. The project's base is the current TerraSync scenery, with a few buildings on the airport LIRJ.
Elba is a beautiful island in the west of Italy, close to the northern end of Corse.
There is one airport on the island, the Elba Island Airport (LIRJ), in FlightGear called Marina Di Campo, which is the name of the city nearby.
Modify Ground Textures (Elba was in the "corse.xml"-material file included, so it looked just like Corse, which isn't very realistic, as you see in this picture: http://www.jumpaway.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/privatjet_nach_elba_anflug.jpg -> Done
- Basic airport modelling (has already been done before the project by Paola Rota) -> Done
- Custom Objects for the island -> Pending
- Detailed airport design (WED) -> Pending/ Paused (uploaded to airport scenery gateway, waiting for validation)
- Detailed airport objects -> Pending
- Adding AI traffic -> Pending
- D-ECHO (material changes, added a few objects on the island/airport)
- Catalonic (added many shared objects on the island and the airport)
Everyone is very welcome to contribute to this project. If you want to help, just contact me (D-ECHO) over the forum.
Development topic on the FlightGear forum: http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26138