Howto:Build your own procedure trainer
This page is about building your own procedure trainer device using basically FlightGear, other OpenSource software and home brew hardware. It is probably far from being a FNPT Flight Navigation Procedure Trainer , so I'd like to call it a PMPT for Poor Man's Procedure Trainer. The goal is to have most of the components, "real" FNPT have:
- A realistic flight dynamics model
- An instrument panel with realistic looking instruments and controls with realistic behaviour.
- An outside 3d-view rendering the world scenery (but not our own aircraft)
- As many controls as affordable (yoke, rudder, switches, buttons, radios)
- Aircraft is completely flyable without keyboard and/or mouse