Sorry, I thought you removed them, but instead of that you've add them!
Thank you so much! Please ignore my last message. I'm sorry.
Gijs 11:24, 15 September 2008 (EDT)
- Hello! No problem here- I am glad to help and sorry for the suprise! Fg 12:02, 15 September 2008 (EDT)
You made a nice list of aircraft (the table)!! Now you're adding all those not yet existing articles about aircraft I think it's time to check how we setup our articles on the wiki. Take a look at one of the articles to see how it's done. We use a special infobox, which is very easy to use. Just look at pages like Northrop B-2 Spirit. The way you're doing it now costs us a lot of time. So please do it good at once :)
Neverthless, thanks for your additions!
Gijs 15:46, 15 September 2008 (EDT)
- Thank you for the input. My goal is to synchronize with FG downloads, so the aircraft category is accurate to what is available. However, I understand the issue with short articles, and I think if I add the stub tag it will be easy to see which are not up to standard. With the short articles in the stub category, I can continue with my goal and it will not cost anyone time trying find the stubs. Thank you again, and thank you for updating B-2 and other articles to specification. Fg 15:54, 15 September 2008 (EDT)
- Short articles aren't the problem. A short article with the infobox still looks better than a short article with the same information just written as plain text. It doesn't cost you any more time to use the infobox than just write it down. Check here for the infobox (with manual): Template:Infobox Aircraft. We don't need an synchronized category, we have the table now right? We need articles with contents... I don't want to slow you down, but please take some time to learn how to use the wiki. Thanks!! Gijs 16:05, 15 September 2008 (EDT)
- Hello, and thank you again for the input. One issue is that the table is not synchronized either, which is why I am going through the articles. We just have slightly different goals at the moment. However, I will add the infobox to save time in the long run. Thank you. Fg 16:16, 15 September 2008 (EDT)
- Great! You're using the table now. Do you work day and night?! It looks so... Very nice we finally got another user who'd like to extend the wiki. Thanks! Gijs 08:00, 16 September 2008 (EDT)
- Yes, though I may have to slow down. Responses or new ideas for edits are still welcome though. Fg 20:41, 16 September 2008 (EDT)
Hi there! You do a lot of good work here, but I think you are a bit too fast sometimes. I'm not sure adding random shortcuts to the top of pages ("Other popular pages...") is such a good idea. At least make sure that the pages make sense and are relevant for beginners (more experienced users could be assumed to at least know how to reach the portals :). Don't hesitate to use the discussion pages to outline larger changes you want to make and wait a bit (half a day or so) for feedback before proceeding.
Cheers, AndersG 19:51, 16 September 2008 (EDT)
- Hello, and thanks for the advice. I got a bit a head of myself with those latest edits (undone now). One of my goals in editing here is to reduce the need for those who can do higher level FG development (such your FDM add-ons) to do writing, so I apologize for the edits that have been counter-productive to that end. Please understand them in the context that I am also trying to get as much done as possible, to have an impact on the quality and amount of content here. Thanks for taking the time to analyze and respond. Fg 20:41, 16 September 2008 (EDT)
Hi. Please do not make new Picture of the day articles if you just copy others. Use new pictures! You could search for pictures in the filelist. Or let others make a new POTD article if they found a nice picture. Now it looks like we already have pictures for these days, while it isn't. So please don't create new dates with same pictures.
Thanks Gijs 10:53, 25 September 2008 (EDT)
- Sorry! Just replace them- I just did not want to run out. The POTD is a nice addition and thanks for adding this.
- Some other thoughts:
- -There is a formatting issue for on 4x3 screen with main page POTD, the text on some is so long it creates a lot of blank space above and below the image (either less text, or wider format maybe?)
- -In the long run (say a year), maybe some way to recycle entries for POTD?
- -There are many GPL images on CVS and the flightgear website- is there a way to automatically import all these images to the wiki?
- -Is there a way to have a bot automatically update certain information on CVS to here? Fg 12:04, 25 September 2008 (EDT)
Hello. For the third time you copied a POTD which we've already used. I do appreciate your additions, but please don't copy old ones. Indeed it's better to have one than none, but it doesn't take a long time to find a non-used picture. If not, we should rename it to POTM (picture of the month). You may upload pictures from other places (add a source link to the image description!) if you like. So we have enough images to choose from. And if we really have to copy one, let's don't copy the yesterday picture, but some older one... Thanks! Gijs 12:54, 22 October 2008 (EDT)
- This is also the third time we have run out of POTD! It may be easy to make a POTD, but there is not enough people around to keep the wiki updated with them. I think that picture of the week would be more realistic if we keep this format. Alternatively, perhaps there is a way to have a random picture like the FG website, so there is no need to update it. Also, thank you for the POTD pages, they have been fun to see. Fg 13:11, 22 October 2008 (EDT)
- If you have time to copy a POTD, you also have time to make a new POTD ;) The best way to work around the "running out of people"-problem is to make a whole bunch of POTDs (maybey a whole month) at a time. I will create some for next week tonight. Gijs 14:01, 22 October 2008 (EDT)
- Maybe picture of the week? The POTDs will last much longer then! Fg 14:06, 22 October 2008 (EDT)
The purpose of the Picture of the day is to show people some nice things (they didn't knew). It's not the place to announce every update! If I add a new texture to my 747 I'm not gonna make it a POTD. And if you make a POTD about a subject we already had, then make a new screenie! So please edit the POTD for 27 October. If you don't have time to create new POTDs, don't make them. Gijs 10:58, 26 October 2008 (EDT)
- Great you've changed it! Thanks!! Gijs 11:07, 26 October 2008 (EDT)
- There are too many rules about this POTD, but its ok. I changed the 27th to a new one with the DH.89, however the PM one is now on the 31st but not with the same picture. Fg 11:12, 26 October 2008 (EDT)
Thank you for your Table of models update
Your contribution to Table of models is highly appreciated. I have been thinking of doing that myself, but could not bring myself around to do it, it's a lot of work (as you undoubtedly know by now).
Thank you again!
—Johan G (Talk | contribs) 03:45, 13 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks! I am happy to contribute in this very small way. God bless. Fg 18:21, 15 July 2013 (UTC)