Talk:Keeping FlightGear (win32) up to date without compiling
Fine- now we have three tutorials with the same content! So what shall we do?
- I just put merge "markers" at the top of all related pages, eventually we should try to combine all three pages into one big comprehensive, illustrated article. Maybe even create a new page, specifically for this purpose, until then the other pages could be refined with this goal in mind.
--MILSTD 13:44, 4 October 2008 (EDT)
- I will take a look at it tomorrow and see if I could merge them. Thanks for pointing this out HHS! Btw: please close all your message on the talk page with four tildes (~~~~).
--Gijs 17:17, 4 October 2008 (EDT)
- This needs to highlight the fact that this is about updating the BASE PACKAGE and not all of FlightGear.
Its ok to have several different articles covering different aspects of keeping Flightgear up-to-date; But, we need to organize this kind of information somewhere and cross reference a few things. I'm organizing some info about Flight Gear on user: callahanp. One of the items on my to do list is a set of howtos:
- Get FlightGear
- Building from sources
- Building from CVS Sources
- Installing from pre-built packages
Each should cover the topic for
- your favorite distribution
- Windows XP/Vista/7
Get ready to pitch in...
- What are your thoughts on this?
- Should it be one Howto or several?
- How should specialized build and install instructions be handled? For example "Ubuntu" or "Keeping FlightGear (win32) up to date without compiling"
- How should existing material on these topics be handled?
--Callahanp 11:59, 22 November 2009 (UTC)