Project Hong Kong
Project Hong Kong is aimed to improve the Hong Kong scenery in FlightGear.
Current status (May 2015)
- Built custom scenery, using landcover provided by statto and Martin
- "Fixed" airport layout - had to remove a taxiway because I could not create an airport with holes in it.
- Add OSM forest/parks (some prominent ones are still missing)
- Add osm2city buildings and roads
- Add curved approach lights, based on OT-666's LOWI approach lights
Airports we are planning to work on
Hong Kong terrain improvements
We also will fix the FG terrain in Hong Kong to be close as possible to Real Hong Kong
To Do List
- New Models for all airports and sounding areas
- Adding Detailed markings on runways and taxiways
- Moving existing models to their correct possessions
- Replacing inaccurate models
- Building the Victoria Harbor skyline
- Building Kowloon City
- Urbanizing the City
- Regenerating the Hong Kong terrain using TerraGear
- Building realistic roads with moving traffic
- Building realistic tracks with moving trains
Volunteers are welcomed
If you wish to help in this project, please contact Pakistan-1 or Radi on the FlightGear Forum.