FlightGear wiki:Plugin Requests
Hook for parsing articles when saving
could we discuss adding a check to automatically detect/fix up links for which we have helper templates like Template:Repo link ? The point being, new/updated articles should no longer contain absolute links to github, sourceforge, gitorious etc, but instead use these templates. For example, it seems we could register a "MultiContentSave" hook to specifically look for such links  ? We could probably also run a Python script/bot to update existing articles semi-automatically, or at least add them to category for review ? -Hooray (talk) 06:44, 25 April 2020 (EDT)
Alternatively, we could extend the mediawiki editor to add buttons for special/FlightGear specific templates like these, so that users can more easily build links that are in line with the template ?
- Regarding an editor toolbar, a few years back on Wikipedia (in essence when Wikipedia used about the same version of MediaWiki as this wiki), there was a bar between the text editing box and the edit summary box with some useful stuff, like the
<reference />tag, commonly used characters (I particularly miss a quick forward arrow,
→) and some often used templates. I have not taken myself to look into that though.
- Regarding hooks and bots to catch links, even such a seemingly simple thing as manually trying to catch only most forum links was a bit of a headache (see in particular FlightGear wiki:Village pump/Archive 2019#Conversion of direct forum links and URLs to templates). Catching them and recommending a template might work, but trying to automatically convert links to templates might be trickier (and in addition would need administrators to maintain such bots for conversion if the templates are edited).
- Unfortunately, my experience is that most people do not like reading documentation, but if they did, a very brief summary of which templates to use for the very most common cases could be useful. I struggle a bit with the current documentation as I do not use those templates all that often and have sometimes found myself spending several minutes trying to figure out which use case and what parameter names I should use. Which probably speaks for a tool bar or automation, or just more specific templates (in essence templates for only a few use cases).
- the file upload wizard seems to be gone ?
- support for forking/branching articles to more easily maintain articles for different versions of FlightGear, so that new features can be documented, without affecting old documentation and vice versa 
- LaTex support, so that wiki articles may contain embedded LaTex sections (this does not just need an extension, but server-side support, i.e. the LaTex toolchain)
- we still need to provide additional GeSHi (syntax highlighting) schemes for Nasal and GLSL
Gijs & Hooray talked about using this to automate writing changelogs, based on extracting sections from the monthly newsletter:
MediaWiki Extension Requests against SPAMING
Every day a new spam are edit on this WIKI, It's so Boring. Personnaly i havn't right to delete account, and can only delete the Spam. But if administrator of the wiki can install some of this extension to prevent spamming, it could be very nice... I know there some Capcha installed, apparently is not enough
and please read this page
Thanks. --Lolalilo 01:58, 11 February 2011 (EST)
MediaWiki Extension Requests
- 02/2010: - exporting to PDF files
- 02/2010: - allow users to save drafts of articles