Dassault Mirage 2000-5
|Type||Combat and interception aircraft|
|Author(s)||Emmanuel Baranger (3D/FDM), Buckaroo (FDM), 5H1N0B1 (Weapons, Systems), F-Sig (3D, Systems)|
The Dassault Mirage 2000-5 is a French multirole, single-engine fourth-generation jet fighter manufactured by Dassault Aviation. It was designed as a lightweight fighter based on the Mirage III in the late 1970s for the French Air Force (Armée de l'Air). The Mirage 2000 evolved into a multirole aircraft with several variants developed, with sales to a number of nations. The variants include the Mirage 2000N and 2000D strike variants, the improved Mirage 2000-5 and several export variants. Over 600 aircraft were built and it is in service in nine countries as of 2009.
- 1 Presentation Vidéo
- 2 Keyboard Controls
- 3 General characteristics
- 4 Weight
- 5 Engine
- 6 Performance
- 7 Weapons
- 8 Refueling
- 9 Radar and HUD
- 10 MFD & Navigation
- 11 Developpement
- 12 Thanks
- 13 External link
Here is a video presentation video for the mirage 2000-5 with the last update.
|Pav Num||Release the corresponding load (Not anymore on 08/2013 version)|
|T||Toggle ECM & RWR|
|t||Change Radar Distances (10, 20 50, 100, 150)|
|R||Activate/desactivate targeting the nearest in the HUD (the target has to be bellow radar range)|
|H||Toggle Armements Circles|
|w||Cycle Stick Weapon Mode Selector|
Afterburners engage when throttle moves past 75%
To fire a guided Missile, select A/A missile with "w", activate "lock" with R, aim with the HUD and fire with "e". Beware : it's a bad idea to fire a missile and have negative G...(Don't shoot yourself)
- Crew: 1
- Length: 14.36 m (47 ft 1 in)
- Wingspan: 9.13 m (29 ft)
- Height: 5.20 m (17 ft)
- Wing area: 41 m² (441.3 ft²)
- Empty weight: 7,500 kg (16,350 lb)
- Loaded weight: 13,800 kg (30,420 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 17,000 kg (37,500 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × SNECMA M53-P2 afterburning turbofan
- Dry thrust: 64.3 kN (14,500 lbf)
- Thrust with afterburner: 95.1 kN (21,400 lbf)
- Maximum speed: Mach 2.2 (2,530+ km/h, 1,500+ mph) at high altitude/ 1,110 km/h (690 mph) at low altitude
- Range: 1,550 km (837 nmi, 963 mi) with drop tanks
- Ferry range: 3,335 km (1,800 nmi, 2,073 mi) with auxiliary fuel
- Service ceiling: 17,060 m (59,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 285 m/s (56,000 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 337 kg/m² (69 lb/ft²)
- Thrust/weight: 0.91
- Roll Rate : 270 deg/sec
- G load : +9g / -3.2g (override mode : 11 g, structural limit 12 g),
Guns: 2× 30 mm (1.18 in) DEFA 554 revolver cannon, 125 rounds per gun
- Air-to-air missiles: MBDA MICA IR/RF, Matra R550 Magic-II, Matra R530, AIM120 AMRAAM, AIM9 sidewinder, AIM-54 Phoenix, R74 Vympel (More to come)
- Air-to-surface missiles: SCALP/APACHE missile (cruise missile Air to ground), Sea Eagle (cruise missile Air to sea), AGM65 Maverick, GBU16,GBU12
To fire a guided Missile :
Select your missile on the graphical mfd, with the top button of the left series button.
Then, select your weapon mode with 'w' (nothing, guns, missiles...)
Press 'Shift - r' and activate the radar illumination. Acquire your target, and fire with 'e'
Notes : Missile here are guided. There are lot a different missile, more than what the 2000-5 can carry. It's due to the missile's script, and its future adaption on other aircraft.
Thanks to Fguk's team who worked on the A330-MRTT, the 2000-5 can refuel with it, as an AI, instead of the KA-6.
When Flightgear gives you the TACAN, you can enter it in the MFD screen (watch the how to video), and then, use both radar and the tacan
Only on mirage 2000-5 feature : in french air force, refuelling is always at 22 000 feets.
Radar and HUD
The Radar have 5 distances, (10, 20 50,100, 150) wich can be switched with t. This radar can identify multiple spot and show their level (with only 2 digits) The HUD show both potential target and actual target. It also show if the gear are out, show the ground alt if this on is bellow 5 000 feets, and show mach only if spedd > mach 0.8
Here is a video to explain how to navigate, use autopilot & MFD
- Several more instrument in the cockpit. The working ones are : startup instrument, light variator instruments.(The others, I'm still working on it)
- New gun explosion : more realistics
- New missiles explosion : more realistics
- New flames that take differents colors, depending of the sun position
- New light effect in the cockpit when using Rembrandt.
- New rule about each instruments lights effects
- Possibility to disable the pilot.
- Desactivate temporary the "non Rembrandt Shadow" that have big issue in MP (and do not allow a correct dogfight)
- New "Exhaust"
- Sperated livery & logos (that allow differents HQ logos independently of the livery)
- Double center Mfd for the guys who want (or not) the canvas one. The older is now working lot more better.
- Working startup procedure
- Working cockpit light variator
- Utilisation of the <usage> tag
- Ground designation : This now possible to create a "ground target", by clicking on the ground and then clicking at the "Create a Target" in "Mirage 2000 > Fast Config" menu.
- Lot of improvement by using a centralised function lanch and update instead of setListener or multiple different loop. This should invisble to the user except that their FPS will stay high
What was done on the precedent changelog 201308
- A specific and clicable autopilot (see video)
- multi screen MFD
- Radio management on mfd
- An mfd EICAS
- Cockpit general graphics are improved.
- A weapons selection on mfd (wich make the numpad free)
- Better sound, missile script improved (Working aiming missiles)
- working alert panel
- a clock
And lot of other stuff not listed here...
Futures Objectives on the precedent changelog 201308
- Add more clicable instruments
- Make the start procedure more realistic
- Complete the Alert Panel
- Make a better HUD -> Use canvas (To make multiple Hud, for example, draw a runway on the hUD while landing with low visibility...)
- Throttle stick,gear green/red light, Jettison all button
- Add some "ground" feature
- Improve the missile script
- Put sound on missiles
- Make the loads visibles in mp
- Make the RWR work
- Put Missiles on a generic folder
- increase visual on missiles
- Correct the radar issue due to the generic function radardist and multiplayer ATC
- make high resolution liveries (But keep the old ones)
- Increase the FDM (correction of some strange behaviour)
- Make a working ECM ...
Helijah (for the 3D), Buckaroo (for the FDM), 5HIN0B1 (for woorkiing weapons and systems) Koubi (For engine script) , FG-TUX (for testing), Ray (for help on MFD), Anusil (For testing), F-Sig, XIII (fr the initial missile script), the f16 team (For the Radar), HUd), the CitationX team (for the middle MFD), All those who created all these 3D missiles that could be addeed to the missile script, Niko (For the wiki and the original ask for the project) , Thomas (for all these liveries) Gijs (for the wiki) and all those forgotten here. Thanks to all.
- Dassault Mirage 2000 (Wikipedia)