Dassault Mirage 2000-5
The Dassault Mirage 2000-5 is a French multirole, single-engine fourth-generation jet fighter manufactured by Dassault Aviation. An improvement of the Mirage 2000, it was improved by Thomson-CSF (now Thales Group) in the early 1990s in response to the Mirage 2000's ageing compared to the latest F-16 fighter models.
Improvements over the Mirage 2000 include the capability to carry a laser designator pod, new pulse-doppler multi-target radar, new defensive systems, and updated avionics, including a night vision-compatible glass cockpit, wide-angle HUD, and HOTAS controls.
- 1 Keyboard Controls
- 2 Specifications
- 3 Help
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Development
- 6 Thanks
- 7 External link
|⇧ Shift+e||Parachute (landing)|
|Pav Num||Release the corresponding load (Not anymore on 08/2013 version)|
|⇧ Shift+t||Toggle ECM & RWR|
|t||Change Radar Distances (10, 20 50, 100, 150)|
|⇧ Shift+r||Activate/desactivate targeting the nearest in the HUD (the target has to be bellow radar range)|
|⇧ Shift+h||Toggle Armements Circles|
|⇧ Shift+]||On/Off Reactor|
|w||Cycle Stick Weapon Mode Selector|
- Crew: 1
- Length: 14.36 m (47 ft 1 in)
- Wingspan: 9.13 m (29 ft)
- Height: 5.20 m (17 ft)
- Wing area: 41 m2 (441.3 ft2)
- Empty weight: 7,500 kg (16,350 lb)
- Loaded weight: 13,800 kg (30,420 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 17,000 kg (37,500 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 x SNECMA M53-P2 afterburning turbofan
- Dry thrust: 64.3 kN (14,500 lbf)
- Thrust with afterburner: 95.1 kN (21,400 lbf)
- Maximum speed:
- High altitude: Mach 2.2 (2,530+ km/h, 1,500+ mph)
- Low altitude: 1,110 km/h (690 mph)
- Range: 1,550 km (837 nmi, 963 mi) with drop tanks
- Ferry range: 3,335 km (1,800 nmi, 2,073 mi) with auxiliary fuel
- Service ceiling: 17,060 m (59,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 285 m/s (56,000 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 337 kg/m2 (69 lb/ft2)
- Thrust/weight: 0.91
- Roll Rate: 270 deg/sec
- G limits: +9.0 g / -3.2 g (override mode: 11 g, structural limit: 12 g)
Available weapons for FlightGear's Mirage 2000-5 are as follows:
- Guns: 2 x 30 mm (1.18 in) DEFA 554 revolver cannon, 125 rounds per gun
How to fire a guided missile
- Select your missile on the graphical MFD, with the top button of the left series button.
- Then, select your weapon mode with w (cycles through nothing, guns, missiles)
- Press ⇧ Shift+r to activate radar illumination.
- Acquire your target.
- Fire with e.
|Note Due to the generic missile script, FlightGear's Mirage 2000-5 can carry missiles not carried on the aircraft in real life. For a list of weapons available to the aircraft in real life, please see .|
|Caution It is a bad idea to fire a missile while under negative G.|
The radar has 5 ranges (10, 20, 50, 100, and 150 nm) which can be switched with t. It can identify multiple targets and show some information about them.
The HUD shows both potential targets and the locked target. It also shows if the undercarriage is extended, the distance to the ground if the altitude is below 5,000 feet, and the Mach speed if the aircraft is going faster than Mach 0.8.
Changelog for Feb 2015 version
- Several more instrument in the cockpit, including startup instrument, and light variator instruments.
- New, more realistic gun explosion.
- New, more realistic missile explosion.
- New afterburner flames that take differents colors, depending on the sun position.
- New Rembrandt light effects in the cockpit.
- New rule about each instrument's light effects
- Possibility to hide the pilot model when in the cockpit.
- Deactivate the temporary non-Rembrandt shadow, because it had a big MP issue and did not allow a correct dogfight.
- New exhaust.
- Separated livery & logos. Logos are now independent of the livery.
- Center MFD can switch between old version and Canvas NavDisplay version.
- Working startup procedure.
- Working cockpit light variator.
- Utilisation of the
- You can now create a ground target, by clicking on the ground and then clicking "Create a Target" in the "Mirage 2000 > Fast Config" menu.
- Centralised function launch and update instead of multiple separate loops/listeners.
- Loads are now visible over MP.
Changelog for August 2013 version
- Much better autopilot (see video).
- Multi-page MFDs.
- Radio management on the right MFD.
- An EICAS page.
- Cockpit general graphics are improved.
- A weapons selection page on the left MFD.
- Better sound and missile script improved.
- Working alert panel.
- New clock
- And lots of other stuff not listed here...
- Add more clickable instruments. On going
- Make the start procedure more realistic. Done
- Complete the alert panel.
- Canvas HUD. Not done
- Throttle stick, gear green/red light, jettison all button. On going (even if some are done)
- Checklist. Not done
- Add some "ground" feature. Not done
- Improve the missile script. On going
- Put sound on the missiles. Not done
- Make the loads visibles in MP. Done
- Make the RWR work. Not done
- Put missiles in a generic folder. Not done
- Improve missile models. Not done
- Correct the radar issue due to the generic function radardist and multiplayer ATC. Done
- High-resolution liveries. Done
- Improve FDM. Done
- Make a working ECM (missiles have to be reworked first). Not done
- And more...
Helijah (for the 3D model), Buckaroo (for the FDM), 5HIN0B1 (for the working weapons and systems), Koubi (for the engine script), FG-TUX (for testing), Ray (for helping on the MFD), Anusil (for testing), F-Sig, Xiii (for fox2.nas, the initial missile script), the F-16 team (for the radar and HUD), the Citation X team (for the middle MFD), all those who created missile models, Niko (for the wiki page and the original ask for the project), Thomas (for the liveries), Gijs (for the wiki page) and all those forgotten here …
Thanks to all.