The Dassault Mirage 2000-5 is a French multirole, single-engine fourth-generation jet fighter manufactured by Dassault Aviation. An improvement of the Mirage 2000, it was improved by Thomson-CSF (now Thales Group) in the early 1990s in response to the Mirage 2000's ageing compared to the latest F-16 fighter models.
Improvements over the Mirage 2000 include the capability to carry a laser designator pod, new pulse-doppler multi-target radar, new defensive systems, and updated avionics, including a night vision-compatible glass cockpit, wide-angle HUD, and HOTAS controls.
Coming into service with the French Air Force (Armée de l'Air), and exported to several countries, Dassault further improved it by creating the Mirage 2000-5 Mark 2 , the most advanced of all Mirage 2000s.
|| Open/close canopy
|| Fire weapon
| ⇧ Shift+e
|| Parachute (landing)
| ⇧ Shift+j
|| Jettison tank
| ⇧ Shift+t
|| Toggle ECM & RWR
|| Change radar distances (10, 20 50, 100, 150)
| ⇧ Shift+r
|| Activate/deactivate targeting the nearest in the HUD (the target has to be bellow radar range)
| ⇧ Shift+h
|| Toggle armament circles
| ⇧ Shift+]
|| On/off Reactor
|| Flare out
| ⇧ Shift+l
|| Landing lights
|| Next target
|| Previous target
|| Air brake
|| Cycle stick weapon mode selector
mirage 2000-5's colored afturburner at night
- Crew: 1
- Length: 14.36 m (47 ft 1 in)
- Wingspan: 9.13 m (29 ft)
- Height: 5.20 m (17 ft)
- Wing area: 41 m2 (441.3 ft2)
- Empty weight: 7,500 kg (16,350 lb)
- Loaded weight: 13,800 kg (30,420 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 17,000 kg (37,500 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 x SNECMA M53-P2 afterburning turbofan
- Dry thrust: 64.3 kN (14,500 lbf)
- Thrust with afterburner: 95.1 kN (21,400 lbf)
- Maximum speed:
- High altitude: Mach 2.2 (2,530+ km/h, 1,500+ mph)
- Low altitude: 1,110 km/h (690 mph)
- Range: 1,550 km (837 nmi, 963 mi) with drop tanks
- Ferry range: 3,335 km (1,800 nmi, 2,073 mi) with auxiliary fuel
- Service ceiling: 17,060 m (59,000 ft)
- Rate of climb: 285 m/s (56,000 ft/min)
- Wing loading: 337 kg/m2 (69 lb/ft2)
- Thrust/weight: 0.91
- Roll Rate: 270 deg/sec
- G limits: +9.0 g / -3.2 g (override mode: 11 g, structural limit: 12 g)
some mirage 2000-5's air-air weapons
Available weapons for FlightGear's Mirage 2000-5 are as follows:
- Guns: 2 x 30 mm (1.18 in) DEFA 554 revolver cannon, 125 rounds per gun
- Air-to-air missiles: MBDA MICA , Matra R.550 Magic 2 , Matra Super 530 [clarify], AIM-120 AMRAAM , AIM-9 Sidewinder , AIM-54 Phoenix , and the Vympel R-74 .
- Air-to-ground missiles: Storm Shadow (SCALP in French service), Sea Eagle , AGM-65 Maverick , GBU-16 , and the GBU-12 .
How to fire a guided missile
- Select your missile on the graphical MFD, with the top button of the left series button.
- Then, select your weapon mode with w (cycles through nothing, guns, missiles)
- Press ⇧ Shift+r to activate radar illumination.
- Acquire your target.
- Fire with e.
| Note Due to the generic missile script, FlightGear's Mirage 2000-5 can carry missiles not carried on the aircraft in real life. For a list of weapons available to the aircraft in real life, please see Dassault Mirage 2000#Specifications (Mirage 2000C) .
| Caution It is a bad idea to fire a missile while under negative G.
The Mirage is capable of mid-air refueling. You can enter the desired TACAN code into the right MFD (see second video), and then use both radar and the TACAN to guide you in.
The radar has 5 ranges (10, 20, 50, 100, and 150 nm) which can be switched with t. It can identify multiple targets and show some information about them.
The HUD shows both potential targets and the locked target. It also shows if the undercarriage is extended, the distance to the ground if the altitude is below 5,000 feet, and the Mach speed if the aircraft is going faster than Mach 0.8.
mirage 2000-5's flight in formation lights
mirage 2000-5 over France
mirage 2000-5's mini-hud and logo "2000-5"
Refuelling using TACAN and radar
Graphical weapon selection
EICAS for engine mamagement
Liveries and logos
mirage 2000-5's green/blue camo (squadron "Ardennes")
mirage 2000-5's blue/grey camo (squadron "Chimère d'argent")
mirage 2000-5's desert camo (squadron "Lafayette")
Changelog for Feb 2015 version
- Several more instrument in the cockpit, including startup instrument, and light variator instruments.
- New, more realistic gun explosion.
- New, more realistic missile explosion.
- New afterburner flames that take differents colors, depending on the sun position.
- New Rembrandt light effects in the cockpit.
- New rule about each instrument's light effects
- Possibility to hide the pilot model when in the cockpit.
- Deactivate the temporary non-Rembrandt shadow, because it had a big MP issue and did not allow a correct dogfight.
- New exhaust.
- Separated livery & logos. Logos are now independent of the livery.
- Center MFD can switch between old version and Canvas NavDisplay version.
- Working startup procedure.
- Working cockpit light variator.
- Utilisation of the
- You can now create a ground target, by clicking on the ground and then clicking "Create a Target" in the "Mirage 2000 > Fast Config" menu.
- Centralised function launch and update instead of multiple separate loops/listeners.
- Loads are now visible over MP.
Changelog for August 2013 version
- Much better autopilot (see video).
- Multi-page MFDs.
- Radio management on the right MFD.
- An EICAS page.
- Cockpit general graphics are improved.
- A weapons selection page on the left MFD.
- Better sound and missile script improved.
- Working alert panel.
- New clock
- And lots of other stuff not listed here...
- Add more clickable instruments. On going
- Make the start procedure more realistic. Done
- Complete the alert panel.
- Canvas HUD. Not done
- Throttle stick, gear green/red light, jettison all button. On going (even if some are done)
- Checklist. Not done
- Add some "ground" feature. Not done
- Improve the missile script. On going
- Put sound on the missiles. Not done
- Make the loads visibles in MP. Done
- Make the RWR work. Not done
- Put missiles in a generic folder. Not done
- Improve missile models. Not done
- Correct the radar issue due to the generic function radardist and multiplayer ATC. Done
- High-resolution liveries. Done
- Improve FDM. Done
- Make a working ECM (missiles have to be reworked first). Not done
- And more...
Helijah (for the 3D model), Buckaroo (for the FDM), 5HIN0B1 (for the working weapons and systems), Koubi (for the engine script), FG-TUX (for testing), Ray (for helping on the MFD), Anusil (for testing), F-Sig, Xiii (for fox2.nas, the initial missile script), the F-16 team (for the radar and HUD), the Citation X team (for the middle MFD), all those who created missile models, Niko (for the wiki page and the original ask for the project), Thomas (for the liveries), Gijs (for the wiki page) and all those forgotten here …
Thanks to all.