TerraFS is a tool that mount the TerraSync scenery directly as a remote file system.
TerraFS was developed by Torsten D as a side product while preparing the infrastructure for a SVN free, plain HTTP based TerraSync..
How it works
TerraFS uses curl for the network communication and fuse for the user space file system API. Far from being perfect, it seems to be working nicely.
Pros and cons
- No sync, no files stored on your hard drive
- Always up-to-date data Fat-free
- No sync, no files stored locally on your hard drive
- Needs a good internet connection Linux only (should be under pros?)
- Torsten Dreyer (Mar 27th, 2016). [Flightgear-devel] TerraSync, the lazy way: terrafs.