From FlightGear wiki
Revision as of 16:47, 24 June 2013 by Stuart (Minor update to TODO list)
This is a quick summary of who I am, what I'm currently working on, and what's on my todo list.
Who am I?
See this interview: http://www.flightgear.org/contributors/stuart-buchanan/
What do I do?
I have various FlightGear interests/responsibilities:
- One of the maintainers of the official manual
- Moderator of the FlightGear Forums.
- Sometimes editor of the FG Newsletter
- Creator of the Vulcan B2, Flash 2 Alpha, Pitts S1C.
- Maintainer of the a4f, c172p
- Developed various graphics - trees, clouds and random buildings.
- Write release notes, and sometimes "policy statement" (e.g. FPS, GPL)
- General interest in improving usability (joystick config, various UI improvements)
- Move the loading of trees/buildings from the tile loading into a deferred LoD node so that they only get generated when the user gets closer to them. This should improve tile loading times and memory occupancy.
- Fly my P&M Quik GT450 aircraft in real life.
- Move the terrain, VASI lights into the effects system so they can be made Rembrant/ALS compatible
- Investigate Rembrandt more thoroughly in preparation for a possible ALS merge.