The Festival of FlightGear, November 2014
| Work in progress|
This article or section will be worked on in the upcoming hours or days.
Note: The page will be amended as the participants and organizers agree on the practices to be followed.
See for the latest developments.
The Ultimate MP Fly-In will be a multiplayer event hosted in conjunction with FSweekend 2014 (November 1st-2nd) and taking place in the Iberian Peninsula.
This 48-hour event, originally proposed by METAL, will feature a variety of scenarios to appeal to a big variety of players – from pilots going for absolute realism to casual flyers. It will also be an occasion to welcome new players to the FlightGear world.
During the Fly-In several themed events (mini games) will be held. The games can take place at any time during the 48-hour period; slots can be reserved by posting on this forum thread and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
The following table lists all confirmed mini-events so far:
Several airports will be manned to provide a realistic environment; check the exact times on Lenny's website.
Voice communication (held exclusively via Mumble, server: mumble.allfex.org) is preferred; text chat will be offered as a backup service.
We kindly ask pilots flying there to follow these guidelines to make this experience enjoyable for everyone.
- You must not start on a runway; start FlightGear, taxi to the apron and connect to the multiplayer servers only at that point.
- You must request appropriate clearances (be authorized by ATC) to taxi, takeoff, land at an airport and you will be expected to follow them promptly.
- You will be expected to communicate using at least basic ICAO phraseology - see the ATC phraseology and the ATC Tutorial wiki pages.
- You must be able to taxi, takeoff, land, maintain an assigned heading/speed/altitude.
- Please get aeronautical charts if possible and follow ATC best practices.
Though this is not mandatory, all pilots are encouraged to file flightplans on Lenny's website.
To apply for an ATC position, create a new session on Lenny's website.