Space Shuttle (FG Space Program)
| Work in progress|
This article or section will be worked on in the upcoming hours or days.
See for the latest developments.
NASA's Space Shuttle, officially called the Space Transportation System (STS), was the spacecraft used by the United States government for its human spaceflight missions until July, 2011.
Space Shuttle Enterprise is on display at the National Air and Space Museum.
- The 3D model is finished: Gears, Ailerion, Ruder with Speedbrake, Doors, Robotarm, Parachutes(!)
- 3d cockpit is not available, it is in development now
- HUD available with a lot of information for a orbit flight and returning to any base airport
- Because the shuttle starting facility is not present now, we have to start up like a airplane and going to a pitch hold of 23 degree
- In Orbit control with Orbit Control Engines for 10 directions
- Orbit manouver with Orbit Manouver engines, pitchably for changing the orbit, turning nose to opposite direction for brake manouver
- Ruder Control Engine for holding and changing heading in Orbit
- Pilot and Main Parachute with original functionality
The new version of the Space Shuttle has now 3 main engines, 2 booster rockets, 5 orbit control engines (with reversers, makes control of 10 directions), 2 orbit manouver engines (pitchably for real manouver in orbit), braking parachutes, smoke for all engines (carneval edition with coloured smoke), robotarm, doors, launching satelit and a man in the dock. All animations are in MP-modus, full orbit manouver system to hold a stable orbit at 150.000-300.000 ft, mach 30, HUD with extra information, 2 versions for MP-modus (Columbia and Atlantis), light system, help menue, all sounds, new JSBSim FDM. Development by HerbyW.
- Columbia ** Available Now ¡
- Atlantis ** Available Now ¡
|⇧ Shift + B||Set or unset the parking brake.|
|Control + B or use s||Deploy the speedbrakes.|
|G||Raise the landing gear.|
|⇧ Shift + G||Lower the landing gear.|
|H||Hide or show the HUD.|
|F11||Open autopilot dialog.|
|:Df||Open Payload and Fuel dialog. Case sensitive.|
The SpaceShuttle is been developing and tested on several platforms, including GNU/Linux, Windows XP, Windows 7, and Mac OS X with FlightGear 3.2 3.4 and GIT.
- John Berndt and all the developers who have contributed to FlightGear
Technical systems assistance
Custom Propulsion integration assistance