North American OV-10A Bronco
"The North American Rockwell OV-10 Bronco is a turboprop-driven light attack and cargo aircraft. Although it is a fixed-wing aircraft, its mission capabilities resemble a fast, long-range, inexpensive and reliable ultra-heavy attack helicopter. It flies at 244 knots (452 kilometers/hour), carries 3 tons of external munitions, and easily loiters for 3 or more hours. It is prized for its versatility, redundancy, load, wide field of view, short-field ability, low operational costs and ease of maintenance." Read more on Wikipedia: OV-10 Bronco
- David Culp (FDM)
- Jens Thoms Toerring/Capt. Slug/David Culp (3D)
- David Culp/Julien Pierru (3D cockpit, textures, special features)
- full 3D model complete
- fully animated
- fully textured
- external models: 230gal fuel tank, Mk82 bomb, rockets
- USAFE version has a 3D cockpit
- most rudimentary instruments present
- realistic fuel system implemented
- working weapons and external stations release
- finish USAFE 3D cockpit
- add ignition sequence
- add gun charging procedure
- add realism levels (easy|real)
- add radar detection system (AN/ALR-46)
- improve CDF version from USAFE
- make NASA version
- Span: 40 feet (12.2 meters)
- Length: 41 feet, 7 inches (12.7 meters)
- Height: 15 feet, 1 inch (4.6 meters)
- Weight: Empty: 7,190 pounds (3,261 kilograms)
- Maximum take-off gross weight: 14,444 pounds (6,552 kilograms)
- MAXIMUM SPEED AT SEA LEVEL: 244 knots (452 kilometers/hour)
- SERVICE CEILING: 28,800 feet (8,778 meters)
- CREW: One pilot and one observer (removable rear seat for greater fuselage cargo capacity)
- FUEL: Five self-sealing fuel tanks in wing: 252-gallon capacity (954 liters) 150-, 230-, or 300-gallon (568-, 871-, or 1,136-liter) external tank
- RANGE: 700 nautical miles (1,297 kilometers) with internal fuel 1200 nautical miles (2224 kilometers) with 150-gallon (568-liter) drop tank
- MISSION PERFORMANCE: 5.5 hours loiter time with 150-gallon (568-liter) drop tank50 nautical miles (93 kilometers) and 2 hours loiter time with full ordnance load
Internal Fuel System
- 5 wing stored tanks gravity fed to the engines (fuel cutoff after 15 consecutive seconds of negative G flight).
- default tanks if external is empty or not used.
External Fuel System
- 1 230 gallons external tank fixed to external station 3, pump fed. If the pump is still activated and the tank is empty or has been dropped the pump will fail after 15 minutes, an orange light turns on on the upper right corner of the panel when pump is used in such conditions.
(Read the armament procedure in the next setion)
- 4 M60C 7.62mm machine guns, two in each sponson (shoot tracers, 500 rounds).
- 1 Mk82 500lbs bomb, with either nose or tail (delayed) fuse.
- 1 LAU68 40mm rockets, with single or multiple fire sequence.
- 1 AN/ALR 46 Radar detection system
- right engine smoke created by mixing oil into fuel thus making a white smoke (s to trigger, S to stop).