The FOM is a set of XML files in [https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/fgdata/ci/next/tree/HLA/ fgdata/HLA/]
For some Subsystems split off from the existing FlightGear source, it's fairly easy to create an executable with its own property tree<ref>https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/mailman/message/34632142/</ref> and have shared C++ code to map FOM objects to property values. However, this is an implementation detail - the whole point of HLA and the FOM is that it makes no assumptions about what Federates do with the data.
==Current Status ==
Last updated: (
19/ 02/ 2016)
Currently, there is some very old HLA support in SimGear. This is very out of date and should be ignored.
* SimKit integration, reading the SimKit FOM and connecting to an OpenRTI RTI.
* Instantiating MP AI objects so users can view objects published over the RTI by other Federates. This is currently somewhat unsatisfactory as it overloads the MP code, where really these objects are more basic.
We currently have the following other Federates:
* '''fgogel''' - An AI model written in python the publishes over to the RTI. Part of SimKit, but handy nevertheless!
* '''fgtraffic''' - to run an AI Scenario externally to the FG Core
* '''fgmetar''' - written in python that retrieves the closest METAR station for other published Federates and publishes the METAR for them to pick up. This could be expanded to provide [[FGPythonSys#Weather_Simulation|a general Weather Engine]].
Separately, Erik has been doing some preparatory work suitable for supporting HLA in JSBSim by adopting so called PropertyObjects to hopefully get rid of tied properties (http://sourceforge.net/p/jsbsim/mailman/message/34720784/)
== Related ==