This is inspired by a thread found on the FlightGear forums at the end of March/2009 ("Going to Mount Everest").
This page is meant to eventually help maintain a list of airports/places with challenging real life scenery and/or complex departure/approach procedures, so that this information can be used to showcase FlightGear aircraft performing interesting departures/approaches in challenging (e.g. mountaineous and windy) surroundings.
Various airports have been added here already, based on a related discussion by professional pilots on pprune.org.
Airports to add
- Tribhuvan International Aiport (ICAO:VNKT)
- Quito Airport (ICAO:SEQU)
- Peshawar International Airport (ICAO:OPPS)
- Leeds Bradford International Airport (ICAO:EGNM)
- Samos International Airport (ICAO:LGSM)
- Gilgit Airport (ICAO:OPGT)
- Courchevel Airport (ICAO:LFLJ)