"Talk:Eurocopter EC135" (Author request: Author blanked page)
Did I miss something? Can't remember seen that... Can you tell what it was about? Cheers --HHS 12:24, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- F-JJTH wrote " Heiko, is V1.0 full "Rembrandt compatible" ?" on the page but blanked it shortly thereafter. I think he found the answer already... So all I did was delete that blank page.
- Gijs 16:08, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
About the wiki..
Hi Gijs, hope all is well. I was stopping by because I noticed the words "Please post only encyclopedic information that can be verified by external sources. Please maintain a neutral, unbiased point of view. " in the editor. Its really not right to say this, because the FlightGear wiki has to be a "primary source". The contributions are typically original writing, and it specifically includes opinions (such as reviews), as well as first-hand accounts. Thank you. Fg 20:19, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
The wiki is mostly a primary source, saying "Please post only encyclopedic information that can be verified by external sources. .. " makes no sense. Most of what is written here is orginal content, and it does not make sense to have this in the edit box. Also, I don't agree with many of the articles you have deleted. These are small issues in view of your large contributions to the project, and I want to thank you for those, but I must also bring up these issues. Thanks again. Fg (talk) 20:32, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
- You're right about the "external sources" statement. That was just a default from MediaWiki but is not very applicable to our wiki. I've removed it now. Thanks for notifying me!
- What is it that you don't agree with? Is it the airport articles? Those were not deleted yet, they were only marked for deletion. The notice mentioned why I think they should be deleted. Feel free to share your arguments that make you think they should be kept. As the template stated "Do not remove this tag until the discussion is closed.", so I've placed the templates back and am looking forward to your (argued) opinion.
- Gijs (talk) 17:47, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
- Great, thanks for fixing that! Come to think of it "Please maintain a neutral, unbiased point of view." may also be unneeded, as we have sections for reviews (with opinions) of aircraft, etc. but I will leave that up to you. I will check out the articles for deletion again. Thank you. Fg (talk) 22:57, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
I have been pondering adding the village pump to the sidebar. I would probably add it between Recent changes and Random page. I have read in a bit on the sidebar on the MediaWiki help pages, but before I actually do it I want to ask you about your opinion about doing that.
The biggest pros and cons as I see it is that anyone will find it so it will be used a bit more, but at the same time that those that will not even read a few sentences of text (including people not comfortably reading English) sometimes will go there for help on using the simulator itself instead of going to the forum.
So what do you think about it?
- how about creating a "Wiki" header that contains the "Recent changes" and "Help" links? It could then also have a link to the village pump. I don't think we should call it "Village pump" though, as probably no-one will guess that's a place to talk about the wiki ;-) Something like "Wiki discussions" or so is more descriptive...
- Cheers, Gijs (talk) 13:52, 5 January 2014 (UTC)
- I have been thinking of changing the name of that page as well. "Village pump" is used on WikiMedia Commons, the Swedish Wikipedia (though translated) and probably a few other wikis so someone coming from one of those places would be at home with it, but not everyone are from those places.
- I have in the past considered suggesting changing it into say "Editor lounge" or rather something aviation related, but for instance "Pilot lounge" would have been so horribly misleading. ;-)
- A "Wiki" header will help organise the contents but might hide contents by default, but hopefully people are curious enough to spend a few seconds looking around.
- —Johan G (Talk | contribs) 19:19, 5 January 2014 (UTC)