This is a quick summary of who I am, what I'm currently working on, and what's on my todo list.
Who am I?
See this interview: http://www.flightgear.org/contributors/stuart-buchanan/
What do I do?
I have various FlightGear interests/responsibilities:
- One of the maintainers of the official manual
- Moderator of the FlightGear Forums.
- Sometimes editor of the FG Newsletter
- Creator of the Vulcan B2, Flash 2 Alpha, Pitts S1C.
- Maintainer of the a4f, c172p
- Developed various graphics - trees, clouds and random buildings.
- Write release notes, and sometimes "policy statement" (e.g. FPS, GPL)
- General interest in improving usability (joystick config, various UI improvements)
This list is probably out of date, but currently (21/9/2012) I've got the following on my list:
- Airport Select dialog - in particular providing a neat airport map
- Making 3D clouds less random to allow use in multi-computer setups
- Improving trees by integrating multisampling technique as suggested on the Forum.
- Integrating the various shaders (atmospheric, rembrandt) so we have a wholly consistent system for 3.0.0
I also fly a P&M Quik GT450 aircraft in real life.