Difference between revisions of "Category:Hackathon 2020 Ideas"
(Created page with "This is a list of all the ideas created for the Virtual FSWeekend 2020 Hackathon")
m (+cat: Hackathon Materials, would prefer if it was sentence case though)
|(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
This is a list of all the ideas created for the Virtual FSWeekend 2020 Hackathon
This is a list of all the ideas created for the Virtual FSWeekend
Latest revision as of 15:51, 23 October 2020
This is a list of all the ideas created for the Virtual FSWeekend Hackathon 2020.
To add an idea simply:
- Create a new page. The easiest way to do this is to type an appropriate title into the Search box, then click the "Create the page... on this wiki" link at the bottom of the search results
- Use this example as a template if you wish
- Ensure you include the
[[Category:Hackathon 2020 Ideas]]at the bottom and it will appear magically in the list below.
So what makes a good Hackathon Idea?
- Something out of your comfort zone, that you wouldn't otherwise do. That might mean in terms of scope or technology.
- Perhaps something you don't know how to do at all. There will be lots of experience on-hand to help guide you in the right direction. Doing some work in Nasal for the first time, for example. One exception - you should have some C/C++ experience if you want to hack the core code, otherwise you'll spend the entire weekend learning C++ rather than the internals of FlightGear!
- Something ambitious, but which you think you can make some concrete progress during the weekend. The best hacks aren't necessarily the ones that where everything is complete at the end of the weekend. Rather ones where it's now obvious what to do next and development can continue afterwards.
- Something you could work with in a group. This is an ideal opportunity to bring together different skillsets - e.g. core code, textures, Nasal scripting.
- Finally, something you're interested in and can enthuse others about. You'll want to encourage others to join your team. That's a lot easier with an exciting idea you are passionate about!
Pages in category "Hackathon 2020 Ideas"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Hackathon Proposal: CompositeViewer and Canvas
- Hackathon Proposal: CPDLC
- Hackathon Proposal: Fractal Terrain shading
- Hackathon Proposal: integrate proj3000 osm2city
- Hackathon Proposal: more diversified facade textures osm2city
- Hackathon Proposal: Shaderbased ND features
- Hackathon Proposal: Wake from multiplayer aircraft
- Hackathon Proposal: WS3.0 Effects
- Hackathon Proposal:Feature Scaling
- Hackathon Proposal:POH Checklists
Media in category "Hackathon 2020 Ideas"
This category contains only the following file.
- Cpdlc-demo.png 1,473 × 639; 350 KB