As of V2.9.0, FlightGear can display aircraft checklists in a standardized way, under Help->Aircraft Checklists.
Checklists are situated under /sim/checklists. As the checklists may be quite long, it is recommended that they are put in a separate file using the following entry in the -set.xml file for the aircraft:
Each individual checklist is created under a <checklist> XML tag, with the following sub-properties:
- <title> The name of the checklist
- <item> A checklist item, containing
- <name> The item name, to appear on the left hand side of the checklist
- <value> One or more values, to appear on the right hand side of the checklist. Second and and subsequent <value> tags are displayed underneath each other. It is recommended that the <value> tags are kept short, to minimize the size of the displayed checklist.
- <condition> An optional condition node that evaluates when the checklist item is complete. Incomplete checklist items are shown in yellow, while completed items are shown in green.
The following example shows a simple checklists XML file:
<PropertyList> <checklist> <title>After Landing</title> <item> <name>Carburetor Heat</name> <value>COLD</value> <condition> <equals> <property>/controls/anti-ice/engine/carb-heat</property> <value>0</value> </equals> </condition> </item> <item> <name>Wing Flaps</name> <value>UP</value> </item> </checklist> <checklist> <title>Getting hamburger</title> ... </checklist> </PropertyList>
See the c172p for an example of how this all fits together.